NEW Guy

Mike Sedlar

Aug 21, 2021, 5:25:25 PM8/21/21
to uKenbak-1
I just recived my NanoKenbak-1 today and have some confusion about the "extensions":

When the owners guide says press BitN+STOP for the CPU speed and STOP+BitN for the program library, how is that different?  I tried pushing the buttons together which gives me the extended programs, and one button followed by the other, but I can not get the CPU speed to change.  I must be doing something wrong.  Maybe it has something to do with the run/stop state at the time of entry?

Also, I noticed someone posted about the green LED for power status.  I don't seem to have one.

Mike S

Mike Corrigan

Aug 21, 2021, 5:29:41 PM8/21/21
to uKenbak-1
BitN+STOP means press BitN and hold it.  Then, while still holding BitN, press STOP.
STOP+BitN means press STOP and hold it.  Then, while still holding STOP, press BitN.

Frank P.

Aug 22, 2021, 9:09:47 AM8/22/21
to uKenbak-1
Also note that the CPU speed cannot be changed for programs that use the SysInfo (0360) instruction - those will always run at full speed (0 ms. delay). You should be able to see the effect of changing the CPU delay when running the Simple Counter program (STOP+Bit0), since it does not use the SysInfo instruction.

Frank P.

Aug 22, 2021, 9:20:20 AM8/22/21
to uKenbak-1
The green LED was near the battery and would only come on if the nanoKenbak-1 is switched off, a charger is attached, and the battery is fully charged. However, if this (https://adwaterandstir.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/IMG_6330a.jpg) is a picture of the latest revision, and the one you received, the LED appears to no longer be present, so I'm not sure how you tell when the battery is fully charged.

famousd...@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2021, 9:38:40 AM8/22/21
to uKenbak-1
The LED was only present in the first batch.  It was unnecessary and didn't always work, depending on the LIR2032 installed.

It takes less than and hour to fully charge the device, so the "fully charged" indicator was not really needed.

Michael Sedlar

Aug 22, 2021, 12:05:42 PM8/22/21
to famousd...@gmail.com, uKenbak-1
Many thanks to all of you for your responses.  You have answered my questions and I have learned a lot!

Mike S