An empty box full of history.

famousd...@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2021, 9:41:34 AM8/22/21
to uKenbak-1
IMG_6692.jpg
IMG_6694.jpg

Vicente González

Aug 22, 2021, 1:19:35 PM8/22/21
to famousd...@gmail.com, uKenbak-1
Nice!,
Thermal management system must be very good... :-)
I need one !

On Sun, Aug 22, 2021 at 9:41 AM famousd...@gmail.com <famousd...@gmail.com> wrote:
IMG_6692.jpg
IMG_6694.jpg

John Kennedy

Aug 22, 2021, 4:05:25 PM8/22/21
to uKenbak-1
Looks great!

Would be tempting to build a TTL version in that case ;-)

Troy S

Aug 25, 2021, 6:34:14 PM8/25/21
to uKenbak-1
This will look so nice next to my other empty box full of history! https://altairclone.com/
inside_rear1.jpg

Tom Wilson

Aug 25, 2021, 6:45:55 PM8/25/21
to Troy S, uKenbak-1
Yeah, the AC and the uKenbak are both fun to install other things in... the Altair Clone is big enough to install a uATX motherboard, and the Kenbak looks like you could install a Pi inside.

I actually had a Pi installed in my Altairduino Pro, for a while. Now I just use an Argon One case and set the Pi on top.

Troy S

Aug 25, 2021, 6:51:35 PM8/25/21
to Tom Wilson, uKenbak-1
I picked up an ATX backplate on ebay for the Altair clone. I plan to house a NU-XT in it to have an all in one machine. I was going to do something modern, but then I figured I would be happiest long term with an all-retro box.

Tom Wilson

Aug 25, 2021, 7:01:52 PM8/25/21
to uKenbak-1
The NU-XT is a good choice. I was going to make a gaming machine, so I found a good deal on an i7 bundle on EBay and put it all together... only to find that a full height GTX 1080 wouldn't fit.

I'm still thinking about building a vintage system, but I'd like to go 386-era. I mostly want to use it with DOS programming and telecommunication software, and those definitely work best on something with a little more juice than an XT.