Everybodys Talking: US Radio Spectrum Plan History

Ben Francis

Apr 30, 2021, 4:53:33 PM4/30/21
to Col...@googlegroups.com, uc...@googlegroups.com
Meeting Subject for May 11 2021

Everybodys Talking: US Radio Spectrum Plan History
by Dr. Robert Meier AA9AU

For more than a century, Earths limited radio spectrum, has been shared by an exponentially increasing number of transmitters.  A handful of transmitters in the 1890s expanded to  millions in the 1960s, and is billions today.  This is the story of how they did it.

Ben Francis

May 11, 2021, 5:58:29 PM5/11/21
to Col...@googlegroups.com, uc...@googlegroups.com
We're meeting tonight at 6:30.

Hope to see you there!

Ben

Kevin Jones

May 12, 2021, 9:34:23 PM5/12/21
to uc...@googlegroups.com, Col...@googlegroups.com
Any recommendations for a good ham radio for emergencies and hobby use?

E. Matt Armstrong

May 13, 2021, 7:59:15 PM5/13/21
to Upstate Carolina Linux Users Group
I don't have personal experience. But I have heard the baofeng radios are a good place to start for about $30.

M@

E. Matt Armstrong

May 13, 2021, 8:12:17 PM5/13/21
to Upstate Carolina Linux Users Group
This was a good talk from the last IRL SELF on using email on emergency radio.

Darrell Little - Emergency Radio Communications with the Raspberry Pi

Kevin Jones

May 13, 2021, 9:26:38 PM5/13/21
to uc...@googlegroups.com
Very cool. Thanks Matt.