OT: SaaS website terms of service

1 view

Darrell Lee

Jul 23, 2021, 9:16:00 AM7/23/21
to Upstate Carolina Linux Users Group
I need to create the terms of service for a SaaS web app. Does anybody
have any experience doing this, that is willing to contact me off list?

--
Darrell Lee
Advanced Data Systems, Inc.

Robert Meier

Jul 23, 2021, 10:46:36 AM7/23/21
to 'Darrell Lee' via Upstate Carolina Linux Users Group
It's been several years, but if you are not already familiar with it,
I suggest you start with OWASP (https://owasp.org/).

I'll see if I can find some more specific starting points
(?cheatsheats?) for Terms of Service.

On 7/22/21 6:51 PM, 'Darrell Lee' via Upstate Carolina Linux Users Group

Darrell Lee

Jul 23, 2021, 11:55:08 AM7/23/21
to uc...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Robert

---
Darrell Lee
Advanced Data Systems, Inc.
2801 Wade Hampton Blvd.
Suite 115-153
Taylors, SC 29687
864-230-9626 | dl...@adsi-sc.com

Robert Meier

Jul 23, 2021, 12:21:22 PM7/23/21
to 'Darrell Lee' via Upstate Carolina Linux Users Group
Consider copy-and-edit OWASP Secure Software Contract Annex

IANAL
As I understand your interface is a website, I suggest you check the
laws of the jurisdiction you claim in your certificate locality,  both for enforceable action you take against attackers, and enforceable actions others can take against you.  If you have a choice, I've personally found Michigan's anti-computer-crime statutes (especially required prior registration of hacking attempts) to best prevent litigation.
I suggest you check with your lawyer and accountant before posting your terms of service.

Darrell Lee

Jul 28, 2021, 11:48:21 AM7/28/21
to uc...@googlegroups.com
Thanks