HGTV to transform another otherwise-undeserving SoCal home

Bob Jersey

Mar 21, 2023, 1:54:39 PM3/21/23
to TVorNotTV
Comparably to what it did with the "Brady" abode, eight teams of familiar faces from the now-WBD-owned network (a Food Network star is on one of them, another includes... Ty Pennington??) will revamp the place into a human-scale Barbie® Dreamhouse, airing just in time for WB's live-action romcom with Margot Robbie and Ryan Gosling... other cross-promotional stuff is planned...

Kevin M.

Mar 21, 2023, 3:38:43 PM3/21/23
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
I was so thoroughly disappointed in the Brady house renovation, but then I remembered the network isn’t focused on renovation or DIY or how-to and they long ago abandoned the belief that showing a step by step transformation could be televised. A Barbie house is on brand for the network inasmuch as they will undoubtedly turn the home into something over stylized that no human being could ever live in.

I weep for the neighborhood that will have to deal with the HGTV onslaught.

Kevin M. (RPCV)

M-D November

Mar 22, 2023, 11:57:55 AM3/22/23
to TVorNotTV
Also a New Kid on the Block (Jonathan Knight, who apart from having a HGTV show has an IRL business fixing up old farmhouses), which means this show will take up valuable DVR space in the November home thanks to my boy-band obsessive wife.