"The Boys" spinoff a go at Amazon

Bob Jersey

Sep 27, 2021, 9:59:04 PM9/27/21
to TVorNotTV
A young-adult series, but R-rated, Nellie sez, to be showrun by the familiar Michele Fazekas and Tara Butters...

Bob Jersey

Jul 15, 2022, 2:08:52 PM7/15/22
to TVorNotTV
The spinoff has a title: "Gen V."  Tweetybox-video welcome from the cast.

Moi, Sept 27th 2021:

M-D November

Jul 15, 2022, 6:21:57 PM7/15/22
to TVorNotTV
When I heard two of the cast members were named "Lizzie Broadway" and "London Thor", I honestly thought this was a rib.

Bob Jersey

Jul 16, 2022, 11:16:49 AM7/16/22
to TVorNotTV
People may have said as much about Beth(lehem) Million (link to thread), whom besides that movie mentioned, was also in two episodes of And Just Like That... as "Smoke".     B

M-D November, to moi, July 15th:
When I heard two of the cast members were named "Lizzie Broadway" and "London Thor", I honestly thought this was a rib.

Bob Jersey

Oct 9, 2023, 3:41:31 PM10/9/23
to TVorNotTV
I'll throw this in here... now in season four, the envy-heavy series now enters a new pantheon of the bizarre, with a "cocksplosion"...
Moi, to M-D November, July 16th 2022:

Ben Combee

Oct 9, 2023, 3:51:44 PM10/9/23
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
episode four, I think you mean.

Jim Ellwanger

Oct 9, 2023, 3:58:05 PM10/9/23
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
"Envy-heavy" took some deciphering as well - if it's supposed to mean "N.V.-heavy," as in "nudity and violence-heavy," then it is that (well, there have been penises, at least - women's private parts have been avoided via specific blocking and camera shots).

I can't imagine the show literally being "envy-heavy," as in, "I heavily envy these people for having superpowers," because it makes having superpowers seem very undesirable, in many ways.

Bob Jersey

Oct 9, 2023, 4:19:36 PM10/9/23
to TVorNotTV
Ben is right... and for Jim, not being directly able to watch, I presumed a few things about the nudity...     B

Jim Ellwanger, to Ben Combee, Oct 9th:
"Envy-heavy" took some deciphering as well - if it's supposed to mean "N.V.-heavy," as in "nudity and violence-heavy," then it is that (well, there have been penises, at least - women's private parts have been avoided via specific blocking and camera shots).

I can't imagine the show literally being "envy-heavy," as in, "I heavily envy these people for having superpowers," because it makes having superpowers seem very undesirable, in many ways.
episode four, I think you mean.

M-D November

Oct 9, 2023, 5:21:19 PM10/9/23
to TVorNotTV
The nudity isn't really a surprise, considering that the predecessor series featured, on multiple occasions, a character whose 'power' was a prehensile wang.