Help needed identify comedy show I saw on YouTube

Steve Timko

Nov 19, 2023, 2:45:55 PM11/19/23
to TV or Not TV

I’m trying to find out more about a TV clip I saw on YouTube. When I look at my YouTube history, it’s no longer there. I think it was a YouTube Reel.

I think it might be a Canadian show. Kind of a cross between “Last Week With Jon Oliver” and “The Daily Show.” It’s like there’s a panel of people in a semi-circle on the stage. The host throws the discussion to a panelist. In this case, it was to a woman who I’m certain was raised in the United States. She looks like a shorter, younger version of Adele. She started by giving a narrative of how Nissan is struggling. They used Brie Larson as a spokesperson but were planning to move away from her. Then they decided to stick with her through the latest Capt. Marvel film. That film is almost DOA and Nissan’s marketing efforts look dismal. Then she did a bit about Nissan needing its own superhero to rescue them. She has a fantastic gift for mimicry. I’m sure she’s destined for SNL. It was a funny bit. I want to share it on Facebook but now I can’t find it.

She speaks without a Canadian accent. There wasn’t enough discussion from others in the clip to tell if they were Canadian. But it seems low budget. I’m wondering if it got shared and then pulled back because it’s not allowed in the USA? Or maybe it’s from a cable show or a streaming channel?

David Bruggeman

Nov 19, 2023, 3:12:26 PM11/19/23
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
The latest Marvel film with Ms. Larson is in it's second weekend, so it's possible whatever show this comes from hadn't officially aired that episode yet, and the video was posted online early and taken down.

Rampant speculation on my part, but if it is Canadian, this could have been taken from This Hour Has 22 Minutes, or maybe Because News.  If it was British, this seems like something from 8 Out of Ten Cats, which has teams.

Being of little to no help,

David

Jon Delfin

Nov 19, 2023, 3:30:49 PM11/19/23
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
it does sound like the 8 Out of 10 set and setup, but they haven't put out a new episode since January 2021

Adam Bowie

Nov 19, 2023, 4:25:28 PM11/19/23
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
I'd also point out that nobody in the UK would have a clue that Brie Larson is a spokesperson for Nissan, because her ads for the carmaker don't air here.

Doug Eastick

Nov 19, 2023, 5:25:23 PM11/19/23
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Canadians don't have accents. 😀

Tom Wolper

Nov 19, 2023, 10:41:52 PM11/19/23
to tvor...@googlegroups.com

Jon Delfin

Nov 19, 2023, 11:06:00 PM11/19/23
to tvornottv

Kevin M.

Nov 19, 2023, 11:07:20 PM11/19/23
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone but me noticed that public radio announcers, reporters, etc only have accents when they pronounce their own names? It’s comically odd.

Jim Ellwanger

Nov 19, 2023, 11:13:36 PM11/19/23
to tvorNotTV Bob Jersey via

Kevin M.

Nov 19, 2023, 11:16:48 PM11/19/23
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
I can’t speak to an SNL sketch, but it does remind me of Miranda De La Cruz De La Jolla, the reporter on Married With Children

Mark Jeffries

Nov 20, 2023, 11:00:04 AM11/20/23
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Although Adele's a blonde, it could very well be Stacey McGunnigle of "22 Minutes":

Mark Jeffries
spotl...@gmail.com