Jitters at MSNBC as Brass Eyes Moving Chuck Todd and Talks to Shep Smith

Steve Timko

Jan 14, 2020, 11:02:57 AM1/14/20
to TV or Not TV

Brad Beam

Jan 14, 2020, 5:38:47 PM1/14/20
to tvor...@googlegroups.com

From: tvor...@googlegroups.com [mailto:tvor...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Steve Timko
Subject: [TV orNotTV] Jitters at MSNBC as Brass Eyes Moving Chuck Todd and Talks to Shep Smith

The downside to skimming the headers? Spending far too long wondering who or what “Brass Eyes” is.

_   _

|_>|_>  Brad Beam- Belle WV

|_>|_>  http://www.facebook.com/74bmw

Bob Jersey

Jan 14, 2020, 9:19:35 PM1/14/20
to TVorNotTV

Brad Beam, to Steve Timko, today (1/14):

The downside to skimming the headers? Spending far too long wondering who or what “Brass Eyes” is.

I'm too used to the term, from years of reading Variety (even before my interwebs experience), to know it as anything but meaning, among others, TPTB.

Brad Beam

Jan 14, 2020, 11:52:41 PM1/14/20
to tvor...@googlegroups.com

I started reading the article before realizing “Eyes” was the verb.

Greg Diener

Jan 15, 2020, 12:38:55 AM1/15/20
to TVorNotTV

On Tuesday, January 14, 2020 at 11:02:57 AM UTC-5, Steve Timko wrote:

Anything that gets rid of Chuck Todd and his stupid false equilvance b.s. infesting my TV is a plus in my book.

Trump could be on tape giving Putin a B.J. and he'd still find some way to ask if it will hurt Nancy Pelosi and the Democrats.

Greg

Adam Bowie

Jan 15, 2020, 4:18:40 AM1/15/20
to tvornottv
On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 10:38 PM Brad Beam <b.b...@suddenlink.net> wrote:

The downside to skimming the headers? Spending far too long wondering who or what “Brass Eyes” is.

Brass Eye was a seminal British parody of a current affairs show from the late 90s :-)

(Lots of great writers on that show, not least creator Chris Morris (Four Lions, The Day Shall Come) and Charlie Brooker (Black Mirror). I'm 99.9% certain it wouldn't have been shown in the US.