So long, Arleen Sorkin

Bob Jersey

Aug 27, 2023, 8:56:46 AM8/27/23
to TVorNotTV
The original voice of Harley Quinn in animated DC series, Calliope Jones on "Days of Our Lives," spouse of writer (not actor) / "Modern Family" co-creator Christopher Lloyd,  even did some writing of her own, such as for "Tiny Toon Adventures"... I wonder how old this picture James Gunn posted of her on IG is... 67.
Her inspiration, driving to work, was this Frank Loesser gem...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RX-eFkGdJNM (Vivian Blaine, ladies and germs...)

Kevin M.

Aug 27, 2023, 10:17:14 AM8/27/23
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
In the 1980s, the writing on Days of Our Lives was hit and miss, but the comedic pairing of Arleen Sorkin’s Calliope with John DeLance’s Eugene (much of which could only have been improvised) was always worth watching.

And on the Batman animated series, she WAS Harley Quinn. Her voice and attitude became the character.

Kevin M. (RPCV)

Doug Eastick

Aug 27, 2023, 11:21:08 AM8/27/23
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
In my market in the 80s DOOL was aired 4-5pm on a local channel.    A lot of friends watched it after school. Thus, I know who Calliope and Eugene are.  Yes they were definitely comedic on that show.

daniel anderson

Sep 1, 2023, 2:02:27 PM9/1/23
to TVorNotTV
DOOL was on my schedule along with Sale Of The Century and The Price Is Right. Arleen was so funny, one time i saw her as a clown...my grandmother thought it was funny.

Bob Jersey

Sep 12, 2023, 2:34:03 PM9/12/23
to TVorNotTV