Rebrand of Showtime now set for Jan 8th

Bob Jersey

Dec 11, 2023, 1:45:36 PM12/11/23
to TVorNotTV
An instructional 'toob is provided with this THR article, but my recent memory of SHO was as a multiplex of channels... is only the primary one impacted by this?

PGage

Dec 11, 2023, 7:18:50 PM12/11/23
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
I access Showtine via P+ streaming, so can’t answer this. But will take the opportunity to say that it is now clear, without any doubt, the worst streaming experience is with Paramount.  Actually like much of their content, but streaming has become almost impossible. I have often documented my hatred for commercials, but I have taken to watching Amazing Race on YouTube TV and FF ads rather than try to suffer with the horrid performance of the App. Quite a contrast to Peacock, which is far from perfect, but I always watch The Voice and SNL on Peacock.

Sent from Gmail Mobile

Jim Ellwanger

Dec 11, 2023, 9:38:18 PM12/11/23
to tvorNotTV Bob Jersey via
DirecTV still has a suite of linear Showtime multiplex channels: Shoetime 2, Showtime Extreme, Showtime Family, etc. I haven’t seen any indication of branding changes for those channels, if any.

I have the full Paramount+ with Showtime package (via a Black Friday deal through Verizon). The live streaming only includes the East and West feed of the main Showtime channel.

The Paramount+ app on Apple TV works fine for me. My only issue is that the promos that play at the beginning of shows/movies are not skippable - other streaming services don’t have those (on their ad-free tier) or allow skipping them.

M-D November

Dec 12, 2023, 12:59:50 PM12/12/23
to TVorNotTV
I believe there's also a co-branded channel w/ BET.  So....does that become BET on Paramount+ with Showtime?  Try getting THAT into an EPG...

I'll echo Jim - I've used the P+ app on multiple AppleTVs, iPhone and iPad and have never had an issue, both for prerecorded fare and live NFL.  (For a brief period, we were geolocating in the NY region despite being in Burlington County, NJ, so we were able to stream WCBS and watch the Jets lose in real time.)

PGage

Dec 12, 2023, 4:52:29 PM12/12/23
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
I access P+ on a Fire TV, this information is helpful. I will contact them and see if they have a fix.

Sent from Gmail Mobile

Bob Jersey

Dec 13, 2023, 11:01:10 AM12/13/23
to TVorNotTV
That had to be an oopsie on Paramount's part...     B

M-D November, to Jim Ellwanger, PGage, and moi, in part, Dec 12th (my emphasis):