Anyone else recently locked out of Twitter?

Bob Jersey

May 1, 2023, 6:12:40 PM5/1/23
to TVorNotTV
I discovered I was logged out around 3.30-4pm today (5/1). Trying to log in using my existing creds straight-out failed.

Bob Jersey

May 1, 2023, 6:14:34 PM5/1/23
to TVorNotTV
This is not an isolated incident: https://www.cbsnews.com/sanfrancisco/news/twitter-outage-desktop-application-cant-login/ (link)

Moi, May 1st:

Jim Ellwanger

May 1, 2023, 6:22:15 PM5/1/23
to tvorNotTV Bob Jersey via
Am I the only one who dislikes using the term "application" to refer to something running on a website - as this article does - as opposed to a separate, dedicated application running on a phone/tablet/laptop/desktop PC/whatever?

There USED TO be an actual desktop TweetDeck application, but it was discontinued (shortly pre-Musk) - nowadays the website version is how I usually interact with Twitter, and it's still working for me as well as it has in the Musk era (sloooooow).

Bob Jersey

May 1, 2023, 6:35:11 PM5/1/23
to TVorNotTV
At least that still works for me, but I wish I could adjust the size of columns to fit my desktop screen...     B

Jim Ellwanger, to moi, May 1st:

Kevin M.

May 1, 2023, 6:45:29 PM5/1/23
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
I logged off over a month ago. It turns out, if I’m not on Twitter, Twitter doesn’t matter… at all.

Kevin M. (RPCV)

M-D November

May 2, 2023, 11:47:17 AM5/2/23
to TVorNotTV
Same. I had stopped really giving a damn about Twitter a few years ago, but I kept the account open mainly because a number of companies I subscribe to use it for customer service.  But in light of SpaceKaren's antics, I finally deactivated my account last month.  I've been on Mastodon since the beginning of the year and enjoy it very much; it reminds me a lot of Twitter back in 2007 or so, before the brands and the N*zis showed up in droves.

Diner

May 2, 2023, 8:58:45 PM5/2/23
to TVorNotTV
Today Twitter banned my daily "Map My Walk" post for violating "Community Standards on nudity or sexual activity."

Hey guys, I walked 1.16 miles in 21 minutes - I just didn't have time for any nudity or sexual activity! But I'll try to walk faster next time.

Kevin M.

May 2, 2023, 10:42:13 PM5/2/23
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, May 2, 2023 at 5:58 PM Diner <bway...@gmail.com> wrote:
Today Twitter banned my daily "Map My Walk" post for violating "Community Standards on nudity or sexual activity."

Hey guys, I walked 1.16 miles in 21 minutes - I just didn't have time for any nudity or sexual activity! But I'll try to walk faster next time.

That’s what she said.