SportsTV: Dale Earnhardt Jnr to miss Bristol weekend

Bob Jersey

Aug 15, 2019, 8:47:37 PM8/15/19
to TVorNotTV
After the now-NBC staffer, his wife and young daughter, their dog, and two pilots escaped a fiery plane crash in Elizabethton, Tennessee, a half hour from the NASCAR track.

M-D November

Aug 16, 2019, 3:55:41 PM8/16/19
to TVorNotTV
So, "Dale Jr. misses race" is somehow the bigger story than "Dale Jr. survives fiery inferno in plane crash"?

Bob Jersey

Aug 16, 2019, 7:01:34 PM8/16/19
to TVorNotTV

M-D November, today (8/16):
So, "Dale Jr. misses race" is somehow the bigger story than "Dale Jr. survives fiery inferno in plane crash"?

We won't know for sure until his next podcast, to which NBC Sports' only connection is a telecast deal for the preceding week's show.

Bob Jersey

Aug 17, 2019, 7:48:05 AM8/17/19
to TVorNotTV

A CNN wire piece monitored by 69News here in PA also was about Earnhardt missing the telecast.

I'm not sure how much I'll have to bribe my brother to let me watch the race. He might or might not be back by that time.

Bob Jersey

Aug 18, 2019, 10:03:01 AM8/18/19
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Moi, in part, Saturday (8/17)
I'm not sure how much I'll have to bribe my brother to let me watch the race. He might or might not be back by that time.

He didn't get back till it was about 1/3 in, and did look at enough at it. Almost had a "Rocky" ending.