What won't be live at this year's Oscars®

Bob Jersey

Feb 23, 2022, 8:47:06 AM2/23/22
to TVorNotTV
"Documentary (Short Subject), Film Editing, Makeup and Hairstyling, Music (Original Score), Production Design, Short Film (Animated), Short Film (Live Action), and Sound."

They'll strive, as they should, to get the dang thing into the three-hour window...

PGage

Feb 23, 2022, 9:18:33 AM2/23/22
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Had a long talk with my daughter last night about this. She is a legit fan of both film editors and, especially film score composers. She has dozens of film scores (not sound tracks) on her playlist, and been a fan of Hans Zimmer since she was in junior high school. For her, the highlight of this year’s Oscars would have been to see if Zimmer can win a second Oscar (she thinks he should have at least four).

She is pissed.

I agree with her, but also explained what a small fraction of the potential TV audience for the Oscars she is, and the Oscars problem is only people like her and me are watching them these days.

Sent from Gmail Mobile

Bob Jersey

Feb 23, 2022, 11:42:35 AM2/23/22
to TVorNotTV
They should at least livestream the whole of that pre-show period, but of course, they won't...     B

PGage, to moi, Feb 23rd:

Brad Beam

Feb 23, 2022, 5:59:39 PM2/23/22
to tvor...@googlegroups.com

From: 'Bob Jersey' via TVorNotTV [mailto:tvor...@googlegroups.com]

>They should at least livestream the whole of that pre-show period, but of course, they won't...     B

I know it’s Black History Month, but did anyone else find it interesting that ABC aired one of the nominees for Best Documentary Feature (Questlove’s “Summer of Soul”) on Sunday night?

But then, maybe it’s just a giant troll job on Jimmy Kimmel, since he’s the only 11:30 host whose bandleader hasn’t been (at least) Academy Award-nominated.

_   _

|_>|_>  Brad Beam- Belle WV

|_>|_>  http://www.facebook.com/74bmw

Bob Jersey

Feb 23, 2022, 8:16:42 PM2/23/22
to TVorNotTV
Sure, given it's already been released to D!sney+...

But the troll-Kimmel argument is valid...     B

Brad Beam, to moi, Feb 23rd:

Dave Sikula

Feb 24, 2022, 4:42:13 AM2/24/22
to TVorNotTV
I've expressed my lack of use for awards shows in general, but a move like this shows that the Academy has as much of a clue of how to market their product as the people who run major league baseball.

The people who are desperate to watch movie stars assure each other how awesome they are should be able to see all of it, no matter how gruesome the spectacle.

--Dave Sikula

Bob Jersey

Feb 24, 2022, 11:48:37 AM2/24/22
to TVorNotTV
Fallon and Kimmel had their day with the decision.

PGage, to moi, Feb 23rd: