Ski O

Nigel Bunn

Feb 26, 2021, 9:31:13 AM2/26/21
to tvoc-m...@googlegroups.com

In case anyone is interested, there is very good coverage of the World Ski O championships from Estonia.  The website includes free  live TV coverage with GPS tracking and footage from ski cameramen and drones and English commentary. https://orienteering.sport/event/world-ski-orienteering-championships-2021/middle/

I caught a bit of the Long pursuit races yesterday morning.  All the courses and GPS tracking is still on the website.  It seems like complex route choice is quite critical in Ski O: Quite good practise for route choice in normal O to look at the courses and see what route you would have taken.

The next races (Middle and Relay) are Sat and Sun morning (UK time is 2 hours before EET).

Nigel

Richard Sharp

Mar 2, 2021, 2:46:03 AM3/2/21
to Nigel Bunn, tvoc-m...@googlegroups.com
Many thanks for this tip, Nigel. The fantastic coverage and an informative commentary kept us busy for a few hours over the weekend. We had almost forgotten what those orange and white things looked like.

For those who missed it live, recordings of each event are still available on the website.

Richard