Norfolk Christmas Cracker

heidi....@gmail.com

Nov 23, 2020, 4:19:33 PM11/23/20
to Thames Valley Orienteering Club
Hi All

I saw this shared on Facebook and wondered if anyone else would be interested in being in a team for Norfolk's Christmas Cracker?  See attached rules and link below.

Kind regards

Heidi

christmas-cracker-rules.pdf

Neville Baker

Nov 24, 2020, 6:53:29 PM11/24/20
to heidi....@gmail.com, Thames Valley Orienteering Club
Heidi,
Yes.
M-A and I do occasional night headtorch 🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️of about 3-4 miles around Shotover 😎, so Red wouldn’t be a problem.
I’m also happy to do any of the longer courses.
Nev.

Alex Hollingsworth

Nov 28, 2020, 5:46:22 PM11/28/20
to Neville Baker, heidi....@gmail.com, Thames Valley Orienteering Club
I'm actually going to be in Norfolk on the required dates. Wonder if that counts double or something? Happy to do anything around Green ish, or fill in for others as required. There's enough off road around Hunstanton to meet the rules, if everything's too muddy - not unknown - there's always Sandringham woods or the beach!

Alex

Heidi Lloyd

Nov 29, 2020, 6:27:38 AM11/29/20
to Alex Hollingsworth, Thames Valley Orienteering Club

That's great, thanks Alex, I'll put you down for Green.
I don't think there's any bonus for being in Norfolk, unfortunately, although there probably should be for running on the beach.

Anyone else?
I only have the 5k courses left to fill now:

Yellow any terrain.
Orange >= 20% off road
Light Green >= 40% off road.

To be completed on your own over the Christmas bank holiday weekend (Fri-Mon). Entry is £3 each for an optional medal & the surplus donated to Great Ormond Street Hospital.

Please let me know by 6pm tomorrow (Monday) so I can enter before it closes.

Kind regards

Heidi