Identifying the Retention Ponds Where You Caught a Prize Fish

Jerry Lester

Apr 22, 2020, 10:54:21 PM4/22/20
to TV Fishing Buddy
Most are using smartphones to photograph a catch.  They can provide a surefire way to identify where a fish was caught.  If you enable GPS on the phone, the lat/long of where you were standing when you took the picture will be embedded in the metadata of the image.  It is available to anyone viewing the picture if they press the "i" in the dialog associated with the picture.  When I've done this a map appears with the location marked. Try it.

Have you used this feature?

Jerry Lester

Ted Ebert

Apr 23, 2020, 9:02:26 AM4/23/20
to tvfishi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for that info very helpful.

Ted's IPhone

--
Thanks for using the Fishing Buddy forum.

Jerry Lester

Apr 23, 2020, 10:08:00 AM4/23/20
to TV Fishing Buddy
If you are interested in pursuing this, go to this link.

Tim Doyle

Apr 23, 2020, 3:45:10 PM4/23/20
to tvfishi...@googlegroups.com
How do you post a photo.  I got a couple of nice ones in the local ponds but don't know how to post the picture

--
Thanks for using the Fishing Buddy forum.

Jerry Lester