Alligator climbed in boat!

Jackson, Gene

Apr 1, 2021, 5:40:36 PM4/1/21
to TV Fishing General Topics and Find a Buddy
A friend forwarded a post from the Village Birders about an alligator attack on a fisherman.  Just a friendly reminder to respect the local wildlife, especially when our kids and grandkids are out with us!

Here is the section of the post about the attack:

"...Years ago (so very many) when boating, kayaking with Alice and friends we often would get real close to gators and I told the folks the gators were more afraid of us, than we of them.  However, when Pat and I got vaccine shot an officer there had a cast on his arm and I asked him what happened.  He said, he was fishing with his buddy in a boat and an alligator climbed into boat and grabbed his arm.  His partner beat the alligator with oar and stuck it down its throat and pushed its eyes, but couldn't get him to let go, then it did, and went back into water.  Blood all over the place, but he didn't tear the fellow's arm off and his buddy made a tourniquet to stop the bleeding and today he is recovering. …"

Be careful out there!

jog...@gmail.com

Apr 2, 2021, 8:58:58 AM4/2/21
to tvfishi...@googlegroups.com
That's interesting, especially since you posted it yesterday April 1st.

I was on Lake Griffin fishing from my kayak one day. I got hungry and was sitting there with a ham and salami sandwich in my hand when a gator jumped across my bow and grabbed that sandwich. Never touched my hand!

Just kidding, but be very careful around them!
--
Thanks for using the Fishing Buddy forum.

Jackson, Gene

Apr 2, 2021, 11:01:44 AM4/2/21
to TV Fishing General Topics and Find a Buddy
I didn't think about my posting being on April fools day.  The post from the Village Birders group was from March 28th.  It is second (or third) hand information but I thought it was worth posting.  I'm out bass fishing 2 or 3 days a week and I am starting to question reaching down into the water to lip the fish.  I see a long handled fish net in my future!

jog...@gmail.com

Apr 2, 2021, 11:17:40 AM4/2/21
to tvfishi...@googlegroups.com
A while ago some one posted a video on this forum of a gator ramming a kayak. If I remember correctly the guy was knocked out of the kayak but not attacked.