Can we set any timeout for TLS handshake at the time of initial authentication by VNC viewer ?

g1patnaik

May 16, 2018, 4:40:45 AM5/16/18
to TurboVNC User Discussion/Support
Hi,

I noticed that if try to connect to the server with VNC viewer and when it asks username and password and if we just leave it without entering any, the connection will never be closed by server until it is closed from the client end. This also is preventing any new VNC viewer connections as the Xvnc process is going to deadlock state and waiting.

I found this with 2.1.2 version too. Is there any option to set a timeout so that if we forgot/couldn't respond to username and password prompt, it will be automatically closed after timeout?
Or am I missing anything.

Thanks.
Jeevan.

DRC

May 16, 2018, 9:53:47 AM5/16/18
to turbovn...@googlegroups.com
It shouldn't be doing that, so I think it's just a bug. I'll try to
reproduce.

g1patnaik

May 17, 2018, 3:44:25 AM5/17/18
to TurboVNC User Discussion/Support
Thanks DRC

Regards,
Jeevan.

DRC

May 21, 2018, 1:43:02 PM5/21/18
to turbovn...@googlegroups.com
To be clear, is this the same issue you reported here?
https://github.com/TurboVNC/turbovnc/issues/112

If so, then I am still unable to reproduce it. I've tried leaving
multiple viewer instances on multiple O/S's sitting at the
authentication prompt, and I can't reproduce the Xvnc deadlock you
observed. Given my inability to reproduce the problem, I have no idea
how to proceed.

DRC

Jun 12, 2018, 5:53:42 PM6/12/18
to TurboVNC User Discussion/Support
Awaiting your reply, and I was awaiting your reply in #112 as well.  Without the ability to reproduce the issue, there isn't a lot I can do.

g1patnaik

Jun 20, 2018, 4:08:11 AM6/20/18
to TurboVNC User Discussion/Support
Hi DRC,

Sorry for very late reply. I was preparing my response but waited to get some more inputs to provide. But unfotuantely, I still have no new findings :(

> If so, then I am still unable to reproduce it.  I've tried leaving
multiple viewer instances on multiple O/S's sitting at the
authentication prompt,

We use TLSPlain. I have tried without TLS plan for authentication, that's allowing multiple authentications at same time. But not with TLSPlain.