Mouse clicks are ignored

Torsten Kupke

May 7, 2019, 10:38:40 AM5/7/19
to turbovn...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

currently (and several times before) I have an issue, that any mouse
click in each displayed window on the remote desktop is completely
ignored. Only switching to other windows by clicking on a symbol on the
Ubuntu Dock bar at the left side of the desktop works as usual. A
similar issue is with keyboard strokes. Typing in a edit field having
the focus works, but opening a menu by Alt-<letter> doesn't. This issue
occured very abruptly. Before this I could work as usual. Then I
switched to another window, and suddenly all mouse clicks are ignored in
all windows. Is this a known issue with TurboVNC?

I now will try to get rid of it by rebooting the remote host. Hope it helps.

Best regards

Torsten

DRC

May 7, 2019, 10:42:20 AM5/7/19
to turbovn...@googlegroups.com
Not a known issue, but please try installing the 2.2.x pre-release build
on both client and server and see if the issue goes away.

Torsten Kupke

May 21, 2019, 11:32:54 AM5/21/19
to turbovn...@googlegroups.com
Hi DRC,

I installed the 2.2.x pre-release and just had this issue again. But may
be it is due to some lack of memory. As I closed some unneeded windows,
mouse clicks were honoured again. I think, you can forget this issue.

Best regards

Torsten

DRC

May 21, 2019, 11:46:07 AM5/21/19
to turbovn...@googlegroups.com
OK. Without a way to reproduce the issue reliably, there is little I
could have done about it anyhow.

joakimv

Aug 15, 2019, 4:19:42 PM8/15/19
to TurboVNC User Discussion/Support
I have this same issue.

Both server and client are fedora 30. Both run gnome desktop.
Both run turbovnc 2.2.2 from the turbovnc repos.

Restarting the client seems to solve the mouse click hang temporarily.

The easiest way to replicate I found was:

- start firefox remotely
- scroll firefox a lot with mousewheel(two finger touchpad scroll in my case)
- alt tab away from the viewer during the scroll lag
- alt tab back to the viewer
- now the clicks wont work

Regards
/Joakim