AWS Elastic BeanStalk

dbrant

Oct 17, 2019, 12:45:26 PM10/17/19
to TurboGears
I am trying to run a deployment on AWS Elastic Beanstalk.

I am trying to run it without a container in preconfigured python environment.  It is asking for as WSGI File.  As I am running Waitress I know that this can be done by providing a simple script to start the waitress server on a port.  If anyone has any example this would really help.
(ie. the WSGI Scripted equivalent of "gearbox serve" command)

S.C. Justice

Oct 17, 2019, 1:32:50 PM10/17/19
to turbo...@googlegroups.com
I've not used waitress but this is the WSGI file for a project of mine I had deployed under Passenger for a while.

From a very quick five minute look at some docs on waitress it looks like there's an entry point for pastedeploy so you can use Waitress's WSGI gateway from a configuration file.

I know that's not much but I hope it helps you some to find your way.

dbrant

Oct 24, 2019, 11:30:47 AM10/24/19
to TurboGears
Thanks, That did help.

AWS BeanStalk can be a strange beast, but AWS is one of the most commercial products on the market.  TG would do itself a great service to Tie in more into the AWS environment.

The minimal mode should work file, but your file helps with the FULL STACK which I am attempting to implement.

Alessandro Molina

Oct 30, 2019, 8:06:49 AM10/30/19
to TurboGears
Uhm, that seems pretty standard WSGI application problem.
All WSGI apps will be served the same way by Beanstalk, doesn't matter if it's TG or something else as far as I can see.

I'd gladly merge any PR willing to contribute a page dedicated to beanstalk to https://turbogears.readthedocs.io/en/development/cookbook/deploy/index.html btw, that can only be helpful. It seems the instruction at https://turbogears.readthedocs.io/en/development/cookbook/deploy/mod_wsgi.html mostly apply, apart the part specific to apache file configuration.