tup v0.7.10 released

Mike Shal

Oct 29, 2020, 8:42:16 PM10/29/20
to tup-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all, the latest master has been tagged as v0.7.10. Notable changes include:

 - Fixed several 'tup version' issues with bootstrapped or non-git tup
 - Fixed several issues with clang on Windows
 - Fixed an error in setting PGID for subprocesses (thanks Samuel!)
 - Fixed a few issues with generated files that become normal (user-created) files
 - Fixed an issue with ignored files and Visual Studio (thanks Aaron!)
 - Improvements to 'tup generate' build scripts (thanks Michael!)
 - Merged an old pull request for initial NetBSD support (thanks Kamil!),
    though more work is needed to get this working.
 - Better support for 32-bit Windows builds (thanks nmlgc!)
 - Now uses fuse3 by default on Linux, though fuse2 should still work.
 (Setting CONFIG_TUP_SERVER=fuse in tup.config will use fuse2 when building tup)

Thanks!
-Mike
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Gerhard Giefing

Nov 6, 2020, 8:47:51 AM11/6/20
to tup-users
Hi Mike,

I tested the new version. Because of our antivirus policy, I could not copy tup32detect.exe to the buildserver.
So I tried to build anyway, and the build took 22 minutes compared to our last used version 0.7.5.058 where our build takes about 11 minutes.
We are using Windows Server 2019.

Yours sincerely,
Gerhard

Mike Shal

Nov 6, 2020, 11:37:54 AM11/6/20
to tup-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gerhard,

Thanks for testing! What antivirus policy are you using? Maybe I can narrow down where that went awry, though oddly the tup32detect source hasn't really changed since it was first created. (The compiler used to build it has changed over time though, so the actual exe differs).

The terrible performance is also very disappointing. Just to clarify, the last version is from tup-v0.7.5-58-ga9befa9.zip, correct? I'll try to reproduce.

Thanks,
-Mike

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted