New release

Sebastian Meine

Oct 21, 2020, 8:57:34 AM10/21/20
to ts...@googlegroups.com
Just a quick update: We released an updated tSQLt yesterday. Now easy to install on 2017 and 2019. Check it out at tSQLt.org and let us know what you think.

Sebastian

Sebastian

Dmitrij Kultasev

Oct 21, 2020, 9:27:08 AM10/21/20
to ts...@googlegroups.com
That's great news, Sebastian. Congratulations! That was amazing work done.

Few questions according to the new changes (Pull Requests):
* Is it possible to run all the tests via Github in a non-master branch?
* Are the plans to review current Pull Requests in the near future?

Sebastian Meine

Oct 21, 2020, 9:58:51 AM10/21/20
to ts...@googlegroups.com
The lack of a functioning ci/cd pipeline (I lost my old one due to a sponsor dropping out) was the main reason the pull requests were not addressed. So, tackling them is high on our priority list, now that it is possible.

We implemented the ci/cd pipeline on Azure DevOps. Because of the requirement to run on all SQL Server versions, it turned out to be quite complex. (Took over 1000 commits. )

We’re thinking about moving it to GitHub Actions, though.

But, as the build is spinning up several VMs, and with that incurs a real cost, there’s currently no publicly accessible way to kick it off. Talking to RedGate to maybe change that, though.

Sebastian

Sebastian