Quick Poll: What #tSQLt topic would you like to see a video on? <eom>

Sebastian Meine

Sep 20, 2020, 3:17:43 PM9/20/20
to ts...@googlegroups.com

Pavel Kardash

Sep 27, 2020, 3:16:00 PM9/27/20
to tSQLt
I bet, @Sebastian, you meant something technical to do with tSQLt. I would like to see a video where you bring us a success story of a mid-sized organization that relies heavily on Databases and has implemented tSQLt in their CI/CD pipeline. Would love to hear about their journey.

If I must choose a technical topic, I would ask to see examples about spy procedure as that is the only feature I haven't been able to use in tSQLt just yet.

Thanks in advance.

Sebastian Meine

Sep 28, 2020, 9:45:14 PM9/28/20
to ts...@googlegroups.com
That's a great idea, Pavel. I think I have a good example of a tSQLt in CI/CD success story. Let me get back to you.

Thanks,

Sebastian

Ruchi John

Oct 22, 2020, 7:50:53 AM10/22/20
to tSQLt
Hi,

I am new to to tSQLt framework. If you have worked with FakeTables in remote db, can you please help to achieve that without installing tSQLt in remote db?

I have integrated the tSQLt framework in visual studio by creating two SQL server project, one of actual develeopment database and other for unit test database. I have tSqlt in unit test db but not in develeopment project but while trying to create fake tables for development database it's asking for Tsqlt installed.

thanks in advance

Liz Baron

Oct 22, 2020, 8:58:08 AM10/22/20
to ts...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ruchi! And welcome!!

I think Thomas sent you an answer to how to do this in your original thread. And I think the video is a great idea for others trying to get started. I'll add it to the list.

Thanks for the recommendation!
--Liz

Ruchi John

Oct 22, 2020, 1:24:10 PM10/22/20
to ts...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Liz!!!

Yeah i am in conversation with Thomas in original thread.

It would be great help with video as well as if we can have some online support section to share the code and get help 😊 may be because i need it this time.

Video for tsqlt tutorials for sql server are available on pluralsight. I have gone through that course but that is also providing training within a single database as installing tsqlt in a db and creating test cases to test the same db.

Ruchi Rani