rich text editor widget

Francisco Maria Moyano Casco

Aug 1, 2017, 10:00:07 AM8/1/17
to tryton
Hi,
  I'm using Tryton 3.8. Reading the doc http://doc.tryton.org/3.8/tryton/doc/usage.html, I can't find out how to use/activate the RichText Editor Widget.

  Is it there any example of use?

  Thanks.
        Francisco

Sergi Almacellas Abellana

Aug 1, 2017, 10:15:31 AM8/1/17
to try...@googlegroups.com
El 01/08/17 a les 15:42, Francisco Maria Moyano Casco ha escrit:
> Hi,
> I'm using Tryton 3.8. Reading the doc
> http://doc.tryton.org/3.8/tryton/doc/usage.html, I can't find out how to
> use/activate the RichText Editor Widget.
>
> Is it there any example of use?
You have to update define the widget="richtext" on the field you want to
use it.

--
Sergi Almacellas Abellana
www.koolpi.com

Francisco Maria Moyano Casco

Aug 1, 2017, 12:10:05 PM8/1/17
to tryton

That works!!! Thank you

Francisco Maria Moyano Casco

Aug 4, 2017, 3:25:06 AM8/4/17
to tryton

El martes, 1 de agosto de 2017, 11:15:31 (UTC-3), Sergi Almacellas Abellana escribió:

Sorry for insist so far. Is there anyway to hide the toolbar? I need to make a function.field to replicate a field.text, so a user can send rich text readonly messages to another user.
I working on a hospital maintenance system, and the idea is that the engineer send this kind of messages to the requester.

Thanks.
    Francisco

Sergi Almacellas Abellana

Aug 4, 2017, 3:27:10 AM8/4/17
to try...@googlegroups.com
El 04/08/17 a les 03:09, Francisco Maria Moyano Casco ha escrit:

> Sorry for insist so far. Is there anyway to hide the toolbar?

See the toolbar attribute of the fields:

http://doc.tryton.org/4.4/trytond/doc/topics/views/index.html#field

I need to
> make a function.field to replicate a field.text, so a user can send rich
> text readonly messages to another user.
> I working on a hospital maintenance system, and the idea is that the
> engineer send this kind of messages to the requester.
why not using email?

Dominique Chabord

Aug 4, 2017, 4:44:16 AM8/4/17
to tryton
<moyanocasco...@gmail.com>:

> Sorry for insist so far. Is there anyway to hide the toolbar? I need to make
> a function.field to replicate a field.text, so a user can send rich text
> readonly messages to another user.
> I working on a hospital maintenance system, and the idea is that the
> engineer send this kind of messages to the requester.

Are you sure you should worry about rich text in that kind of situation ?
As a user I would definitly prefer write and read simple text.

Francisco Maria Moyano Casco

Aug 4, 2017, 9:36:48 AM8/4/17
to tryton, dominiqu...@sisalp.org

So the user can emphasize parts of the message. I explained on the previous message

Francisco Maria Moyano Casco

Aug 4, 2017, 9:36:48 AM8/4/17
to tryton

El viernes, 4 de agosto de 2017, 4:27:10 (UTC-3), Sergi Almacellas Abellana escribió:
El 04/08/17 a les 03:09, Francisco Maria Moyano Casco ha escrit:

> Sorry for insist so far. Is there anyway to hide the toolbar?

See the toolbar attribute of the fields:

http://doc.tryton.org/4.4/trytond/doc/topics/views/index.html#field

Nice one. But I'm working on tryton 3.8

  I need to
> make a function.field to replicate a field.text, so a user can send rich
> text readonly messages to another user.
> I working on a hospital maintenance system, and the idea is that the
> engineer send this kind of messages to the requester.
why not using email?

It's a long story. If you use email, you depend on the internet state (it could be down very frequently where I live).

So, I wrote a form where the 'requester' request some demand about equipments and infraestructure to the maintenance area (or bioengineer area). The form turns from 'draft' state to 'request' state. Then, the engineer sees the form, and in the moment when he accepts the job (the request), turns the form into 'order' state, turning the form into readonly to the 'requester'. Capisce.

So the engineer could send messages, rich text messages, to the requester, informing them about the job state and other observations about it. Something like
"First stage Cheking the fail state.
Result: The fuse has failed

NEXT TIME CHECK THE FUSE"

Yes, you could send that for email. But I wanted to use a single communication channel (or system) between areas.
Complicated to explain

--
Sergi Almacellas Abellana
www.koolpi.com

Thanks for all the answers

Dominique Chabord

Aug 4, 2017, 10:21:17 AM8/4/17
to tryton
"
<moyanocasco...@gmail.com>:

>> Are you sure you should worry about rich text in that kind of situation ?
>> As a user I would definitly prefer write and read simple text.
>>

> So the user can emphasize parts of the message. I explained on the previous
> message

I know what rich text is.
There are many drawbacks in not respecting independence between data
and format in an ERP.

BTW, "If you use email, you depend on the internet state" is a wrong assumption.

The beauty of mail protocols is to use internet if your TO: is remote,
and local net if he is local ;-)
regards

Francisco Maria Moyano Casco

Aug 8, 2017, 2:07:49 PM8/8/17
to tryton, dominiqu...@sisalp.org

Yes, I know it. But I am not the responsable (sorry, I am not english native speaker) about the network state.
So, I planted this "solution" to keep track about the engineering jobs in the place + a simple messenger to inform respect the state of the job

Is it there any other way to put a newline than the \n? It doesn't work on richtext.
Thanks

Francisco Maria Moyano Casco

Aug 8, 2017, 3:07:50 PM8/8/17
to tryton, dominiqu...@sisalp.org