Unable to migrate column login on table res_user_login_attempt from varchar() to varchar(512)

rawdesignhamburg

Apr 7, 2018, 12:45:07 PM4/7/18
to tryton
Hello

This is a warning I get since 3.0 I think. Now I am using Tryton 3.6. Can someone give me some help so I can get rid of it?

WARNING:init:Unable to migrate column login on table res_user_login_attempt from varchar() to varchar(512).

Thanks@all

Cédric Krier

Apr 7, 2018, 1:15:06 PM4/7/18
to tryton
Hi,

On 2018-04-07 07:32, rawdesignhamburg wrote:
> This is a warning I get since 3.0 I think. Now I am using Tryton 3.6. Can someone give me some help so I can get rid of it?
>
> WARNING:init:Unable to migrate column login on table res_user_login_attempt from varchar() to varchar(512).

Tryton can not reduce the size constraint of a column so it just warn
about it. The system can work without this reduction.
But indeed the size reduction come from a protection against DoS, so it
is better to manually perform the change.
It should work with such query:

ALTER TABLE res_user_login_attempt ALTER COLUMN login TYPE VARCHAR(512)

If there are records with a bigger size, they can be safely removed as
this is only a logging table.

--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric...@b2ck.com