Unable to connect using SSL Tryton 4.6 Debian 9

Otto Domínguez

Mar 13, 2018, 4:40:05 AM3/13/18
to tryton
I have installed Tryton 4.6 on Debian 9 with packages from debian.tryton.org, having previously installed openssl and postgresql packages.
I am able to connect from Linux and Windows clients to it, but then I decided to activate SSL, uncommenting the snakeoil entries in trytond.conf and restarting the trytond-server. Connection always fails. Because I am currently testing, I deleted the whole .config/tryton/4.6/known_hosts even if it is not recommended practice, this did not help either.
Just for the sake of testing, I uninstalled 4.6 and installed 4.2 from Debian 9 repository. This worked flawlessly, with and without SSL. Thing is this did not help much because Debian's 4.2 is still python2 based while 4.6 from debian.tryton.org is python3.
I have searched the forum but found no hints to follow. Please give me some advice.

Cédric Krier

Mar 13, 2018, 5:05:03 AM3/13/18
to tryton
Since 4.4 version (issue6270), the client validate the certificate. By
default, it uses the system CA or the one configured.
I guess your snakeoil certificate is not a valid certificate. You should
see this in the log of the client.

--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric...@b2ck.com