Write access to field where the model is read only?

Steven Lightfoot

Feb 9, 2018, 6:40:06 PM2/9/18
to tryton
I have a module that displays some calculations based on a selection field. It’s a reference module only, I don’t want a user to add or delete data. I have preloaded the table with data.

If I make the model read only, I can’t change the selection to do the calculations but if I allow write access to the model then the option to save is available.

Is there a way of disabling the save, create but still allowing a user access to the selection field?

Cédric Krier

Feb 10, 2018, 4:25:06 AM2/10/18
to tryton
No, access rights are layers that appends on each other, so you must
have the right on each layers that have effectively the right.

--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric...@b2ck.com

Steven Lightfoot