Proposal : Action / command codes

Luis Falcon

Feb 19, 2016, 12:45:41 PM2/19/16
to tryton
Dear all

I propose having the functionality of executing actions / commands from
its code, through an input area in the Tryton client.

Action codes are extremely useful in large systems. Just typing it it
will execute such command / action. No need to navigate.

For those who have worked in systems such SAP, it would remind you of
the "transaction code"

Let me know your thoughts

Bests,
Luis

--
Dr. Luis Falcon, M.D., BSc
President, GNU Solidario

Antonio Roncero

Feb 19, 2016, 3:00:53 PM2/19/16
to tryton

El viernes, 19 de febrero de 2016, 17:45:41 (UTC), Luis Falcon escribió:
Dear all

I propose having the functionality of executing actions / commands from
its code, through an input area in the Tryton client.

Hi Luis, I think this should be here[1]. We have the tool, let's use.
Having said that, Sounds useful.
Are you thinking in predefined commands in xml ?

<command name="LSP" id="command_party_list"
            action="act_party_tree"/>

 or

configurable actions commands from tryton client?
                   ______________________________________
 command |         LSP            |  action  |  act_party_tree   |  \/ |

Action codes are extremely useful in large systems. Just typing it it
will execute such command / action. No need to navigate.

For those who have worked in systems such SAP, it would remind you of
the "transaction code"

Let me know your thoughts

Bests,
Luis

--
Dr. Luis Falcon, M.D., BSc
President, GNU Solidario
GNU Health: Freedom and Equity in Healthcare
http://health.gnu.org

Luis Falcon

Feb 19, 2016, 4:08:50 PM2/19/16
to tryton
Hi Antonio

El viernes, 19 de febrero de 2016, 20:00:53 (UTC), Antonio Roncero escribió:

El viernes, 19 de febrero de 2016, 17:45:41 (UTC), Luis Falcon escribió:
Dear all

I propose having the functionality of executing actions / commands from
its code, through an input area in the Tryton client.

Hi Luis, I think this should be here[1]. We have the tool, let's use.
Cool. I registered, but I'm waiting for the confirmation email ...

Having said that, Sounds useful.
It is useful :)
Are you thinking in predefined commands in xml ?

<command name="LSP" id="command_party_list"
            action="act_party_tree"/>

 or

configurable actions commands from tryton client?
                   ______________________________________
 command |         LSP            |  action  |  act_party_tree   |  \/ |

We'll go in more detail in the discuss instance, but basically both. We can set the code as per each action on the modules.
Then at the tryton client, we can invoke the action / command from the input box.

As I said, once I'm through with the registration at the Tryton discuss instance, we continue there.

Bests,
Luis

Axel Braun

Feb 20, 2016, 4:45:46 AM2/20/16
to try...@googlegroups.com
Morning....

Am Freitag, 19. Februar 2016, 13:08:50 schrieb Luis Falcon:

> El viernes, 19 de febrero de 2016, 20:00:53 (UTC), Antonio Roncero escribió:
> > El viernes, 19 de febrero de 2016, 17:45:41 (UTC), Luis Falcon escribió:
> >> Dear all
> >>
> >> I propose having the functionality of executing actions / commands from
> >> its code, through an input area in the Tryton client.
> >
> > Hi Luis, I think this should be here[1]. We have the tool, let's use.
>
> Cool. I registered, but I'm waiting for the confirmation email ...
>
> > Having said that, Sounds useful.
>
> It is useful :)

Indeed....

> > Are you thinking in predefined commands in xml ?
> >
> > <command name="LSP" id="command_party_list"
> >
> > action="act_party_tree"/>

A look into history from SAP...as they were coming from a mainframe
environment, they had to use jump or transaction codes to switch between
activities.
After R/3 was introduced, a tree structure similar to the one in tryton was
introduced, but the transaction codes (like VA01 - create sales order) were
kept.

I feel that could be a benefit for Tryton as well.

Cheers
Axel

Antonio Roncero

Feb 20, 2016, 5:46:12 AM2/20/16
to tryton

El sábado, 20 de febrero de 2016, 9:45:46 (UTC), Axel Braun escribió:
Morning....

Hi Alex, this discussion is closed here.  If you want comment about it, please go to "discuss" [1]