How does Dashboard Module work?

Paul Leverett

Jul 21, 2014, 12:43:15 PM7/21/14
to try...@googlegroups.com
I have installed Dashboard module (v 3.0.0) but cannot see what it does or how to use it. I cannot find any documentation on this module.

All I get is a Reload icon; I cannot create a new record in Dashboard.

What must I do to make this work? And what will it do for me?

Thanks,
Paul

Dominique Chabord

Jul 21, 2014, 1:28:36 PM7/21/14
to try...@googlegroups.com
> I have installed Dashboard module (v 3.0.0) but cannot see what it does or
> how to use it. I cannot find any documentation on this module.

Where did you get it from and who is the author ?

Mathias Behrle

Jul 21, 2014, 1:55:33 PM7/21/14
to try...@googlegroups.com
* Paul Leverett: " [tryton] How does Dashboard Module work?" (Mon, 21 Jul 2014
09:43:15 -0700 (PDT)):

> I have installed Dashboard module (v 3.0.0) but cannot see what it does or
> how to use it. I cannot find any documentation on this module.

Have a look at the user preferences. There you have to define actions, that
shall be shown on the dashboard.

> All I get is a Reload icon; I cannot create a new record in Dashboard.

The dashboard is readonly for the models it shows.

--

Mathias Behrle
MBSolutions

Tel: +49(761)471023
Fax: +49(761)4770816
http://m9s.biz
UStIdNr: DE 142009020
PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0x8405BBF6
signature.asc

LAG Robin Baumgartner

Jul 21, 2014, 2:46:36 PM7/21/14
to try...@googlegroups.com
On 21.07.2014 19:55, Mathias Behrle wrote:
> * Paul Leverett: " [tryton] How does Dashboard Module work?" (Mon, 21 Jul 2014
> 09:43:15 -0700 (PDT)):
>
>> I have installed Dashboard module (v 3.0.0) but cannot see what it does or
>> how to use it. I cannot find any documentation on this module.
>
> Have a look at the user preferences. There you have to define actions, that
> shall be shown on the dashboard.

And there is a small catch to it since 3.0: To have actions actually
showing up in the selection field under user preferences, you have to
first mark them. To do so go to administration/user
interface/actions/actions and write the string "dashboard" in the usage
field for those actions you're interested in.

signature.asc

Paul Leverett

Jul 22, 2014, 4:22:24 AM7/22/14
to try...@googlegroups.com
Thank you all for the tips, I can now configure the dashboard - I would not have been able to guess what was needed without this help!

Cédric Krier

Jul 22, 2014, 5:00:06 AM7/22/14
to try...@googlegroups.com
So timeto submit a patch for the documentation.

--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric...@b2ck.com

Dale Scott

Jul 22, 2014, 2:11:45 PM7/22/14
to try...@googlegroups.com
+1 It will help all of us if you can find the time to summarize what you've learned. I'm still working basic material workflows, but will want to explore dashboards soon and I doubt I'm alone...

---
Dale Scott
Transparency with Trust
http://www.dalescott.net

Dale Scott

Jul 22, 2014, 7:41:50 PM7/22/14
to try...@googlegroups.com
Jul 22, 2014, 11:38:13 PM7/22/14
to try...@googlegroups.com
The first section is the user guide where we explain basic concepts of Tryton. Perhaps, modules could also be documented there.
You can send a pull request on https://github.com/tryton/tryton-documentation and we will help you put it together.

That being said, the ideal place to have such documentation is the module itself, which would then appear on doc.tryton.org

Thanks & Regards

Sharoon Thomas
CEO & Chief Software Architect
Openlabs Technologies & Consulting (P) Limited

Request a call: https://clarity.fm/sharoonthomas

w: http://www.openlabs.co.in
m: +1 813.793.6736 (OPEN) Extn. 200
t: @sharoonthomas

- We win when our customers win
signature.asc

Pierre-Louis Bonicoli

Jul 23, 2014, 4:16:10 AM7/23/14
to try...@googlegroups.com
On 23/07/2014 05:38, Sharoon Thomas wrote:
> On Jul 23, 2014, at 5:11 AM, Dale Scott <da...@dalescott.net
> <http://doc.tryton.org>

Hi,

The sources of http://doc.tryton.org are the "doc" directories of
trytond, trytond and modules repositories hosted at
http://hg.tryton.org. This is the most official documentation. In order
to improve this one, the workflow (a review is included) explained here
[1] must be followed. In my opinion this one is developer oriented.

The content of https://code.google.com/p/tryton/wiki should be removed
and integrated to the official documentation. The modifications of the
wiki aren't reviewed: informations are useful but authors didn't take
the time to follow the workflow of doc.tryton.org. [2 (french)]

As Sharoon stated, source of http://tryton-documentation.readthedocs.org
is https://github.com/tryton/tryton-documentation. In order to improve
this one, follow the github workflow and create a pull request.
This doc is splitted in 4 parts:
- http://tryton-administration-manual.readthedocs.org/ is end-user oriented
- http://tryton-documentation.readthedocs.org/ is developer oriented.
- a demo module
- tryton client doc (same as http://doc.tryton.org/3.2/tryton/doc/)

I don't know why tryton-documentation isn't merged with doc.tryton.org,
it seems this was discussed at the TUB2013 [3].

A brief description of the module (like [4]) could be added to
doc.tryton.org and an end-user documentation could be added to
tryton-administration-manual.

[1] https://code.google.com/p/tryton/wiki/HowtoContribute
[2] http://www.tryton.org/~irclog/fr/2013-01-23.log.html
[3] http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.tryton/5594
[4] http://doc.tryton.org/3.2/modules/bank/doc/index.html

Pierre-Louis

ferr...@gmail.com

Aug 9, 2015, 4:44:21 PM8/9/15
to tryton, pierre-lou...@gmx.fr

I don't know if someone ever updated the documentation, but I made some screenshots for it:

0. Install the dashboard module

1. Go to Administration > User interface > Actions > Actions

2. Choose whatever you want to show up in the dashboard (Invoices, in this case)
3. In the Usage field, write "dashboard" (without quotes)

4. Go to User > Preferences in the top menu

5. In the user preferences, go to the Dashboard tab and create a new record

6. Choose the the Action which you activated previously (steps 2 and 3; Invoices for the present example).

7. You can choose to show the Dashboard when the Tryton client starts if you add it to the default actions:

8. You are done. Next time, you will have the view on your dashboard on the screen.

Luciano Rossi

Mar 29, 2018, 9:32:29 AM3/29/18
to try...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone!

El 21/07/14 a las 15:46, LAG Robin Baumgartner escribió:
I could configure the dashboard, but it seems that I cannot figure out
how to do not open the other actions (besides Dashboard) that I added to
the user when the user login. I just want that Tryton opens the
Dashboard tab.

PS: I think this kind of information should be at doc.tryton.org. Should
I add a ticket to bugs.tryton.org?

Thanks!
--
Luciano Rossi - lu...@gcoop.coop
http://gcoop.coop - Cooperativa de Software Libre

Visitá www.tiendas.coop - www.nube.coop

Sergi Almacellas Abellana

Mar 29, 2018, 9:47:10 AM3/29/18
to try...@googlegroups.com
El 29/03/18 a les 15:32, Luciano Rossi ha escrit:
> Hi everyone!

Hi Lucio,

> El 21/07/14 a las 15:46, LAG Robin Baumgartner escribió:
>> On 21.07.2014 19:55, Mathias Behrle wrote:
>>> * Paul Leverett: " [tryton] How does Dashboard Module work?" (Mon, 21
>>> Jul 2014
>>>   09:43:15 -0700 (PDT)):

>>> Have a look at the user preferences. There you have to define
>>> actions, that
>>> shall be shown on the dashboard.
>>
>> And there is a small catch to it since 3.0: To have actions actually
>> showing up in the selection field under user preferences, you have to
>> first mark them. To do so go to administration/user
>> interface/actions/actions and write the string "dashboard" in the usage
>> field for those actions you're interested in.
>
> I could configure the dashboard, but it seems that I cannot figure out
> how to do not open the other actions (besides Dashboard) that I added to
> the user when the user login. I just want that Tryton opens the
> Dashboard tab.

Then just only add the dashobard action under the actions field on the
user preferences.

> PS: I think this kind of information should be at doc.tryton.org. Should
> I add a ticket to bugs.tryton.org?

Yes, please. An issue improving the documentation will be very welcome.

--
Sergi Almacellas Abellana
www.koolpi.com

Luciano Rossi

Mar 29, 2018, 10:21:13 AM3/29/18
to try...@googlegroups.com
El 29/03/18 a las 10:47, Sergi Almacellas Abellana escribió:
> El 29/03/18 a les 15:32, Luciano Rossi ha escrit:
>> Hi everyone!
>
> Hi Lucio,

Hi Sergi,

>>> And there is a small catch to it since 3.0: To have actions actually
>>> showing up in the selection field under user preferences, you have to
>>> first mark them. To do so go to administration/user
>>> interface/actions/actions and write the string "dashboard" in the usage
>>> field for those actions you're interested in.
>>
>> I could configure the dashboard, but it seems that I cannot figure out
>> how to do not open the other actions (besides Dashboard) that I added to
>> the user when the user login. I just want that Tryton opens the
>> Dashboard tab.
>
> Then just only add the dashobard action under the actions field on the
> user preferences.

Thanks sergi!

>> PS: I think this kind of information should be at doc.tryton.org. Should
>> I add a ticket to bugs.tryton.org?
>
> Yes, please. An issue improving the documentation will be very welcome.

I added the issue[0]. I will add a review to the doc direcotry at
dashboard module with the information provide it at this thread.

[0] https://bugs.tryton.org/issue7293

Cheers!