Final location for TUB Codesprint

Albert Cervera i Areny

Sep 15, 2016, 6:42:31 PM9/15/16
to try...@googlegroups.com
Eventually we can announce where the Codesprint will be held for
upcoming Tryton Unconference event [1].

We will move to Infinitum Factory:

- Infinitum Factory Images: http://goo.gl/jfvcMJ
- Map: http://goo.gl/YG4W9X

It is located in Sabadell (~25km from Barcelona) but as I already
explained it is very well communicated with Barcelona so it is at
about ~45 minutes from Barcelona's Plaça Catalunya (see the train
route in [2]). There are also direct busses till late night.

Regarding hotels you can of course use the same one in Barcelona and
just travel each of the 3 days. You can take a 10 trips - 2 area
ticket that will bring you from Barcelona to Sabadell (and viceversa).
Remember you need a *2 area ticket*.

If you'd rather search for another location in Sabadell, there are
several options including (I do not provide the links but a quick
search at Google or Google Maps will show you the right results):

- Hostal Ric: which is at just at couple of minutes from Infinitum Factory
- Hotel Catalonia Sabadell: 18 minutes walking according to Google
Maps, so it's probably 16 minutes or so.
- Gran Hotel Verdi: 26 minutes walking according to Google Maps
- Hotel Urpí: 22 minutes walking according to Google Maps

I've got good references for Hotel Urpí but none for the others. The
advantage of the Urpí Hotel is that it is near the center and thus
you'll find more places to eat at night, including a bar/restaurant in
the same hotel which closes very late at night and opens very early.
So it is ideal for *real* Codesprinters ;-)

I want to apologise for having announced the location so late.
Hopefully it will have been worth the wait - you will judge. The first
good news is that it will have no cost to the foundation so all the
money collected will be spent in other Foundation needs (maybe for
cofee? ;-).

Please, do not hesitate to ask any questions.

[1] http://tub2016.tryton.org/
[2] http://goo.gl/vt7Kic
--
Albert Cervera i Areny
http://www.NaN-tic.com

Cédric Krier

Sep 16, 2016, 2:05:03 AM9/16/16
to try...@googlegroups.com
I would ask anyone to wait before doing any reservation.
I think 1h30 of transportation to go to sprint is way too much. We
should try to find a location in Barcelona city.
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric...@b2ck.com
Tel: +32 472 54 46 59
Website: http://www.b2ck.com/

Maxime Richez

Sep 19, 2016, 2:02:37 AM9/19/16
to tryton

Albert Cervera i Areny

Sep 22, 2016, 5:27:15 AM9/22/16
to try...@googlegroups.com
Eventually I can confirm that the Codesprint will be at Infinitum
Factory as announced on the first place.

A last minute search to find alternative locations in Barcelona city
has given the same results we already had, which is that those places
are either expensive for the number of attendees or simply cannot
ensure a decent wifi access (or even a roof :). Also, there's no
guarantee that a location in Barcelona city would be nearer (in time)
than Infinitum Factory is. As a plus, there's the fact that there are
precedents from other unconferences where the Codesprint location was
at >1h time from the unconference location.

Please, do not hesitate to ask any questions you may have regarding
either Unconference or Codesprint events.

See you soon!!