display field of parent class/object in child view

Vincent Bastos

Apr 15, 2016, 10:45:32 PM4/15/16
to tryton
Hi,

I was wondering how it's possible to display a field of a parent class/object in the view of the child.

By parent class/object I mean an parent related by a Many2One field.

Cheers,
Vincent Bastos
Lava Lab Software

Raimon Esteve

Apr 16, 2016, 2:20:52 AM4/16/16
to try...@googlegroups.com

El dia 16/04/2016 4.45, "Vincent Bastos" <vin...@lavalab.com.au> va escriure:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering how it's possible to display a field of a parent class/object in the view of the child.
>
> By parent class/object I mean an parent related by a Many2One field.

A new function field (or other m2o field)

Example:

https://bitbucket.org/tryton/sale/src/f8545c155b4155bb5c3afba9dee9a16dac3992a6/sale.py?fileviewer=file-view-default#sale.py-979

Vincent Bastos

Apr 16, 2016, 10:21:51 PM4/16/16
to try...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Raimon. I thought maybe there was a way to do it without creating a field on the child object. This works.

Cheers

--
Vincent Bastos
Lava Lab Software