Tryton Debian packages

Mathias Behrle

Apr 5, 2018, 5:45:22 AM4/5/18
to tryton
Dear Tryton users,

this mail is to let you know, that the continued maintenance of the Tryton
packages for Debian in my free time is currently out-of-scope.

I will continue to maintain the backports at debian.tryton.org for the
lifetime of the currently supported series, but there will be no new series
packaged out-of-the-box.

If you depend or if you want to sponsor in some way a future Tryton version
in Debian or at debian.tryton.org, please let me know and I will be glad to
find a solution.

Regards,
Mathias Behrle

--

Mathias Behrle
MBSolutions

Tel: +49(761)471023
Fax: +49(761)4770816
http://www.m9s.biz
UStIdNr: DE 142009020
PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0xD6D09BE48405BBF6
AC29 7E5C 46B9 D0B6 1C71 7681 D6D0 9BE4 8405 BBF6

Nicolas Évrard

Apr 5, 2018, 6:55:06 AM4/5/18
to tryton
* Mathias Behrle [2018-04-05 11:45 +0200]:
>Dear Tryton users,

Hello Mathias,

>this mail is to let you know, that the continued maintenance of the
>Tryton packages for Debian in my free time is currently out-of-scope.
>
>I will continue to maintain the backports at debian.tryton.org for
>the lifetime of the currently supported series, but there will be no
>new series packaged out-of-the-box.
>
>If you depend or if you want to sponsor in some way a future Tryton
>version in Debian or at debian.tryton.org, please let me know and I
>will be glad to find a solution.

It is sad to ear that you will not package anymore Tryton for Debian.

Anyway, thanks for the work you've put in the Debian packages of
Tryton. I sure hope that someone interested will step in to continue
the work you've done for the Tryton users on Debian.

--
Nicolas Évrard - B2CK SPRL
E-mail/Jabber: nicolas...@b2ck.com

Vincent Bastos

Apr 6, 2018, 7:05:13 AM4/6/18
to tryton
On Thursday, April 5, 2018 at 7:45:22 PM UTC+10, Mathias Behrle wrote:
> Dear Tryton users,

Hi Mathias,

> this mail is to let you know, that the continued maintenance of the Tryton
> packages for Debian in my free time is currently out-of-scope.
>
> I will continue to maintain the backports at debian.tryton.org for the
> lifetime of the currently supported series, but there will be no new series
> packaged out-of-the-box.
>
> If you depend or if you want to sponsor in some way a future Tryton version
> in Debian or at debian.tryton.org, please let me know and I will be glad to
> find a solution.

Sad to hear indeed!

I have deployed Tryton on Debian from time to time over the last couple of years, so I want to thank you for your work.

Regards,
Vincent Bastos

Mathias Behrle

May 2, 2018, 6:23:08 AM5/2/18
to tryton
* Mathias Behrle: " [tryton] Tryton Debian packages" (Thu, 5 Apr 2018 11:45:17
+0200):

Dear all,

here comes a short update of the current situation.

Thanks to the initiative of Freexian [1] together with sponsoring of
Entr'ouvert [2] the packaging of the Tryton LTS version 5.0 is secured. This
will just be in time for the inclusion in the next Debian stable release
(Buster) and those packages will also be part and maintained as usual as
backports on debian.tryton.org [3].

With best thanks to both companies,
Mathias Behrle

[1] https://www.freexian.com/