Work cost on production_work module

Sergi Almacellas Abellana

Apr 14, 2016, 2:34:39 PM4/14/16
to try...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm testing the new production_work module and I see that the cicles
cost is not added to the output unit price automatically [1], so if it
is not added manually you can not finish the production due to uneven
costs.

So I'm wondering why we force the user to manually enter the cost on
outputs if we can automatically add them when the production is done.

[1]
http://hg.tryton.org/modules/production_work/file/tip/tests/scenario_production_work.rst#l248
--
Sergi Almacellas Abellana
www.koolpi.com

Cédric Krier

Apr 14, 2016, 10:25:06 PM4/14/16
to try...@googlegroups.com
On 2016-04-14 20:34, Sergi Almacellas Abellana wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm testing the new production_work module and I see that the cicles cost is
> not added to the output unit price automatically [1], so if it is not added
> manually you can not finish the production due to uneven costs.
>
> So I'm wondering why we force the user to manually enter the cost on outputs
> if we can automatically add them when the production is done.

Because we don't know the cost of the cycle in advance and we don't
really know the part of the cost to add which comes from the cycle and
not from other changes.

--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric...@b2ck.com

Axel Braun

Apr 15, 2016, 4:45:30 AM4/15/16
to try...@googlegroups.com, try...@googlegroups.com

> Gesendet: Freitag, 15. April 2016 um 04:24 Uhr
> Von: "Cédric Krier" <cedric...@b2ck.com>
> An: try...@googlegroups.com
> Betreff: Re: [tryton] Work cost on production_work module
>
> On 2016-04-14 20:34, Sergi Almacellas Abellana wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm testing the new production_work module and I see that the cicles cost is
> > not added to the output unit price automatically [1], so if it is not added
> > manually you can not finish the production due to uneven costs.
> >
> > So I'm wondering why we force the user to manually enter the cost on outputs
> > if we can automatically add them when the production is done.
>
> Because we don't know the cost of the cycle in advance and we don't
> really know the part of the cost to add which comes from the cycle and
> not from other changes.

What about the use of standard costs for certain operations?