Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Richard PALO

no leída,
8 abr 2016, 7:20:068/4/16
a try...@googlegroups.com
During the discussion of pagesize/language problems in report templates from issue5464
I noticed:
> doc/topics/reports/index.rst:5115: * Use Liberation fonts (Only necessary if being officially included in
> doc/reports.rst:2179: * Use Liberation fonts (Only necessary if being officially included in

I find no other documentation of this dependency.

Is it supposed to be in trytond or in one of the modules so I can add fonts/liberation-ttf to it's dependency list...

--
Richard PALO

Cédric Krier

no leída,
8 abr 2016, 7:40:058/4/16
a try...@googlegroups.com
Opendocument doesn't embed fonts so it is very similar on how HTML
support fonts. The reader should try its best to find a compatible font.

--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric...@b2ck.com

Richard PALO

no leída,
8 abr 2016, 8:35:068/4/16
a try...@googlegroups.com
Le 08/04/16 13:36, Cédric Krier a écrit :
> On 2016-04-08 13:09, Richard PALO wrote:
>> During the discussion of pagesize/language problems in report templates from issue5464
>> I noticed:
>>> doc/topics/reports/index.rst:5115: * Use Liberation fonts (Only necessary if being officially included in
>>> doc/reports.rst:2179: * Use Liberation fonts (Only necessary if being officially included in
>>
>> I find no other documentation of this dependency.
>>
>> Is it supposed to be in trytond or in one of the modules so I can add fonts/liberation-ttf to it's dependency list...
>
> Opendocument doesn't embed fonts so it is very similar on how HTML
> support fonts. The reader should try its best to find a compatible font.

That's not the question.

We can easily put a dependency to pull in and install fonts/liberation-ttf,
no need to replace with a compatible font...

I would like to know if the depency is on trytond (as a whole because of the reporting module),
or rather each module that provides an 'official' template, if I understood the 'official' biz above.

As far as packaging systems are concerned, fonts are also important dependencies.

cheers
--
Richard PALO

Cédric Krier

no leída,
8 abr 2016, 9:35:058/4/16
a try...@googlegroups.com
This font is absolutely not a dependency because of how OpenDocument
support fonts.

Richard PALO

no leída,
20 abr 2016, 2:20:1520/4/16
a try...@googlegroups.com
Le 08/04/16 15:35, Cédric Krier a écrit :
> This font is absolutely not a dependency because of how OpenDocument
> support fonts.

Then if I understand correctly, tryton* is not the reader?
But does it furnish files that may expect it?

That is to say, the dependency imposed may be indirect.

BTW, I found this on liberation fonts: http://lwn.net/Articles/502371/

It seems there is perhaps a better alternative to liberation,
and in any event, as to language, it should be set to 'none'.

I'm still testing some things here, what is sure is that my
indirect issue is encountered when 'liberation' font is referenced
in the generated pdf file from libreoffice 5, then printed from PDF
later to a postscript printer (seemingly only with multipage documents).

Yeah, I'm scratching my head too, debugging CUPS filters isn't what
I call a fun task... (the problem is with 'n's being printed as 'o's)

I can reproduce with db's converted from earlier versions of tryton
but not with a fresh install.

--
Richard PALO

Cédric Krier

no leída,
20 abr 2016, 5:45:0720/4/16
a try...@googlegroups.com
On 2016-04-20 07:39, Richard PALO wrote:
> Le 08/04/16 15:35, Cédric Krier a écrit :
> > This font is absolutely not a dependency because of how OpenDocument
> > support fonts.
> >
> Then if I understand correctly, tryton* is not the reader?
> But does it furnish files that may expect it?
>
> That is to say, the dependency imposed may be indirect.
>
> BTW, I found this on liberation fonts: http://lwn.net/Articles/502371/
>
> It seems there is perhaps a better alternative to liberation,

I don't think it is needed. The version 2.0 is under the license SIL
Open License, Version 1.1
https://fedorahosted.org/liberation-fonts/

> and in any event, as to language, it should be set to 'none'.

Please fill an issue with the process to follow to set correctly the
language on the template.
Responder a todos
Responder al autor
Reenviar