Is there a widget for displaying a countdown time?

Fabyc

Jun 24, 2016, 11:36:24 AM6/24/16
to tryton
Hi everybody.

Is there a widget or some way for displaying a countdown time?

Thanks in advanced.

Nicolas Évrard

Jun 24, 2016, 1:01:54 PM6/24/16
to try...@googlegroups.com
* Fabyc [2016-06-24 17:36 +0200]:
>Hi everybody.

Hello,

>Is there a widget or some way for displaying a countdown time?

What do you mean by that?
What would be the use of it?

--
Nicolas Évrard - B2CK SPRL
E-mail/Jabber: nicolas...@b2ck.com

Fabyc

Jun 24, 2016, 4:34:56 PM6/24/16
to tryton
Hi Nicolás.

On Friday, June 24, 2016 at 12:01:54 PM UTC-5, Nicolas Évrard wrote:
* Fabyc  [2016-06-24 17:36 +0200]:
>Hi everybody.

Hello,

>Is there a widget or some way for displaying a countdown time?

What do you mean by that?

A countdown similar to this one [1] with "Start" and "Stop" buttons

[1]

What would be the use of it?

For a cab service company:

- Customer calls and asks for a cab service to operator of the cab company.
- Operator calls to taxi driver and ask him in how long can be in the customer
address
- Taxi driver calls to operator and say he is going to be in the address in 10 min
- Operator calls and says to customer that his/her cab service will be in his/her
address in 10 min.
- Operator press "Start" button of countdown
- Taxi driver is close to the address and tell to operator about it
- Operator sees the remain time and can see how long lefts to the taxi to be on
the customer address
- Operator call to customer and say hi/her cab is going to be in for example 4 min.
- When taxi is on address, operator press "Stop" button
- It is saved both of times: the init one (10 min) and the real one (when "Stop" button
was pressed) when taxi arrived to the customer address.
- The time information will be used for improving the time in arrive of taxi to customer
address.

Similar use case for a food fast commerce:

- Some customer asks for food to employee
- Employee says to customer that his/her order will be ready in 10 min.
- Employee press "Start" button of countdown
- Once the order is ready, employee call to customer
- Employee sees the remain time and can see how many time lefts to dispatch the
order
- Employee press "Stop" button
- It is saved both of the times: the init one (10 min) and the real one (when "Stop"
button was pressed) when order was dispatched.
- The time information will be used for improving the order time when are dispatched
the fast food orders.

It is the same case when fast food commerce delivers the order to the customer address.

Instead of a countdown time could be a counter (like a digital watch) that it starts run
when it is clicked "Start" button

I hope to have been clear in the use cases.

Thanks

Sergi Almacellas Abellana

Jun 24, 2016, 4:42:03 PM6/24/16
to try...@googlegroups.com, Fabyc
What you explain remains my to this module:

https://bitbucket.org/nantic/trytond-timetracker

Which adds the start and stop buttons on tasks and allows to compute the time spend on it.

To compute the time spend saves the datetime when the start button is pressed and then when the stop button is pressed it computes de diferrence.

Hope it helps!

Cédric Krier

Jun 28, 2016, 10:20:03 AM6/28/16
to tryton
For me, it is description of a specific application (with maybe Tryton
as backend) but we are no more in the transaction paradigm so this kind
of widgets do not have its place in the generic transactional client.

--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric...@b2ck.com

Dominique Chabord

Jun 28, 2016, 10:35:15 AM6/28/16
to try...@googlegroups.com
When I read :

>> > * Fabyc [2016-06-24 17:36 +0200]:

I thought: that's a great idea !
but after the description of the proposed feature, I agree with Cédric
to consider it would not be at its place in Tryton.

For sharing what the title made me think of, I think it would be nice
to have a count-down widget in some cases instead of a date widget :
Here is an example of use case :
we are 28/06
- instead of showing "planned date 1/07", we might show "3 days left"
- instead of showing "planned date 20/06", we might show "8 days late"
or something like this.
I hope this idea is not completely stupid ;-)

Cédric Krier

Jun 28, 2016, 11:00:04 AM6/28/16
to try...@googlegroups.com
On 2016-06-28 16:35, Dominique Chabord wrote:
> For sharing what the title made me think of, I think it would be nice
> to have a count-down widget in some cases instead of a date widget :
> Here is an example of use case :
> we are 28/06
> - instead of showing "planned date 1/07", we might show "3 days left"
> - instead of showing "planned date 20/06", we might show "8 days late"
> or something like this.

Indeed we already have a field TimeDelta which could be used to display
such information.
But instead of "3 days left", it will show "3 d" and for "8 days late",
it will show "-8 d". I think it is normal to not have the "left/late"
suffix because it is subjective.

But of course such field will not be refreshed automatically when time
goes. So if it is used against "now", it is less accurate. But I think a
plugin widget is doable that will reuse the formatting of TimeDelta. And
if there are really a general need for that, it could be in base.

Armand Mpassy-Nzoumba

Jun 28, 2016, 11:16:12 AM6/28/16
to try...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

How can I update an accounting move that have been posted? The related journal has been correctly configured. This means that the box:
Allow cancelling moves has been checked.

Kind regards,

Armand

Cédric Krier

Jun 28, 2016, 11:35:03 AM6/28/16
to try...@googlegroups.com
On 2016-06-28 16:16, Armand Mpassy-Nzoumba wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> How can I update an accounting move that have been posted? The related journal has been correctly configured. This means that the box:
> Allow cancelling moves has been checked.

Please start a new thread for new question (don't reply to an existing
email).

Albert Cervera i Areny

Jun 29, 2016, 10:10:24 AM6/29/16
to try...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

How can I update an accounting move that have been posted? The related journal has been correctly configured. This means that the box:
Allow cancelling moves has been checked.

With that flag set you should be able to set the move back to draft state and then update it.

Kind regards,

Armand

Albert Cervera i Areny
http://www.NaN-tic.com
Tel. 93 553 18 03

Fabyc

Jun 29, 2016, 10:27:47 AM6/29/16
to tryton, fabi...@gmail.com
It seems to be a good reference for the use cases and similar ones.

Thanks esteemed Sergi.

Fabyc

Jun 29, 2016, 10:28:58 AM6/29/16
to tryton
On 2016-06-28 16:35, Dominique Chabord wrote:
> For sharing what the title made me think of, I think it would be nice
> to have a count-down widget in some cases instead of a date widget :
> Here is an example of use case :
> we are 28/06
> - instead of showing "planned date 1/07", we might show "3 days left"
> - instead of showing "planned date 20/06", we might show "8 days late"
> or something like this.

Indeed we already have a field TimeDelta which could be used to display
such information.
But instead of "3 days left", it will show "3 d" and for "8 days late",
it will show "-8 d". I think it is normal to not have the "left/late"
suffix because it is subjective.

But of course such field will not be refreshed automatically when time
goes. So if it is used against "now", it is less accurate. But I think a
plugin widget is doable that will reuse the formatting of TimeDelta. And
if there are really a general need for that, it could be in base.

+1
It could be a good improvement.

Armand Mpassy-Nzoumba

Jun 29, 2016, 11:59:12 AM6/29/16
to Tryton List

On 29 Jun 2016, at 15:10, Albert Cervera i Areny <alb...@nan-tic.com> wrote:

With that flag set you should be able to set the move back to draft state and then update it.

Dear Albert,
I saw the flag. Thanks a lot.
Kind regards,

Armand

Fabyc

Jun 30, 2016, 10:01:51 AM6/30/16
to tryton
For clearing. This is the thread [1] of the post about the topic that's not about the original topic I posted.

[1]

Thanks

--
Regards