Still room for presentation at TUB2016

Cédric Krier

Oct 5, 2016, 4:35:05 AM10/5/16
to Tryton
Hi,

Just to remind you that there are still room for presentation at
TUB2016.
For the business track, we still are looking for your experiences with
Tryton, your business success stories etc.
For the technical track, we are looking for presentation about your
developments, developer tips etc.

Unconference are made by the participants, if you want it to be great
you should consider participate by doing a presentation.

Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric...@b2ck.com
Tel: +32 472 54 46 59
Website: http://www.b2ck.com/

Cédric Krier

Oct 5, 2016, 6:30:06 AM10/5/16
to Tryton
On 2016-10-05 10:32, Cédric Krier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just to remind you that there are still room for presentation at
> TUB2016.
> For the business track, we still are looking for your experiences with
> Tryton, your business success stories etc.
> For the technical track, we are looking for presentation about your
> developments, developer tips etc.
>
> Unconference are made by the participants, if you want it to be great
> you should consider participate by doing a presentation.

Forget to give the link to submit your talk:
http://tub2016.tryton.org/#schedule

Hendrik Brandes

Oct 6, 2016, 11:30:13 AM10/6/16
to tryton
Hello,

sadly, we cannot meet at Barcelona. Nevertheless, we want to share our experiences.
Can you imagine, that we will meet via online-conferencing system? E.g. WebEx, GoToMeeting?

Best regards,
Hendrik

Cédric Krier

Oct 13, 2016, 3:30:05 AM10/13/16
to tryton
On 2016-10-06 06:21, 'Hendrik Brandes' via tryton wrote:
> Hello,
>
> sadly, we cannot meet at Barcelona. Nevertheless, we want to share our
> experiences.
> Can you imagine, that we will meet via online-conferencing system? E.g.
> WebEx, GoToMeeting?

I doubt we will be able to setup such conferencing from the conference
place. Also I have always found such intervention on conference never
working well.

Any way, there are many ways to share experiences in the Tryton
community like posting on the mailing list, reporting bugs or chatting
on IRC.

Albert Cervera i Areny

Oct 13, 2016, 4:15:46 AM10/13/16
to try...@googlegroups.com
> On 2016-10-06 06:21, 'Hendrik Brandes' via tryton wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> sadly, we cannot meet at Barcelona. Nevertheless, we want to share our
>> experiences.
>> Can you imagine, that we will meet via online-conferencing system? E.g.
>> WebEx, GoToMeeting?
>
> I doubt we will be able to setup such conferencing from the conference
> place. Also I have always found such intervention on conference never
> working well.

Sorry for the delay on answering this. Today we had a meeting with MWC
people and there should be no problem with such communication. The
only thing they discourage is live questions.

If Hendrik agrees we could schedule a test during lunch time to see if
it works correctly. And if it does, do the talk in the afternoon.

> Any way, there are many ways to share experiences in the Tryton
> community like posting on the mailing list, reporting bugs or chatting
> on IRC.
>
> --
> Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
> Email/Jabber: cedric...@b2ck.com
> Tel: +32 472 54 46 59
> Website: http://www.b2ck.com/

Albert Cervera i Areny
http://www.NaN-tic.com
Tel. 93 553 18 03

Cédric Krier

Oct 13, 2016, 7:10:05 AM10/13/16
to try...@googlegroups.com
On 2016-10-13 10:15, Albert Cervera i Areny wrote:
> > On 2016-10-06 06:21, 'Hendrik Brandes' via tryton wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> sadly, we cannot meet at Barcelona. Nevertheless, we want to share our
> >> experiences.
> >> Can you imagine, that we will meet via online-conferencing system? E.g.
> >> WebEx, GoToMeeting?
> >
> > I doubt we will be able to setup such conferencing from the conference
> > place. Also I have always found such intervention on conference never
> > working well.
>
> Sorry for the delay on answering this. Today we had a meeting with MWC
> people and there should be no problem with such communication. The
> only thing they discourage is live questions.
>
> If Hendrik agrees we could schedule a test during lunch time to see if
> it works correctly. And if it does, do the talk in the afternoon.

For me, such things never go well for many possible reasons:

- audience does not hear correctly
- connection is lagging and it is difficult to make repeat
- presenter does not have feedback from audience so it does not know if
he continues or not
- presenter and audience speak at the same time

I think the best will be to register a small video that will be play to
the audience if the infrastructure allows.

Korbinian Preisler

Oct 13, 2016, 7:24:52 AM10/13/16
to try...@googlegroups.com
I can say that i already attended a sprint where such a remote
presentation worked well. I think we should try it at least.

Albert Cervera i Areny

Oct 17, 2016, 3:06:27 AM10/17/16
to try...@googlegroups.com

Hello Hendrik,
would you want and be ready for trying that talk?