Processing of production works

Koushik Mutsuddi

Oct 19, 2018, 11:51:07 AM10/19/18
to tryton
Hello,

I created a production and was successfully able to change the status from 'draft' to 'running'. Therefore production works were created based on the selected routing. The production works are in the 'draft' status and now I want to add cycles into the works to complete the production. But when I want to create a new cycle it shows me the 'Cycles' pop-up window where the 'run' and 'cancel' buttons are active but the 'Duration' and 'status' field seems to be inactive/read-only. So, I am stuck in this stage and cannot process the cycles eventually the works.

Could you please guide me how I can activate those fields and process the production works?

Kind regards
Koushik

Koushik Mutsuddi

Oct 21, 2018, 4:30:07 AM10/21/18
to tryton
Hello, I was able to process the production works and change the status to 'finished' for all works. Finally, I was trying to change the production status from 'running' to 'done' by pressing 'done' button. But it shows me an error -"The costs of the outputs (1079.80000) of production "7" do not match the cost of the production (1898.2800).". Does it mean the cost value of the finished goods need to be equal to cost of the production?

Koushik Mutsuddi

Oct 22, 2018, 11:51:07 AM10/22/18
to tryton
On Sunday, October 21, 2018 at 2:30:07 PM UTC+6, Koushik Mutsuddi wrote:
> Hello, I was able to process the production works and change the status to 'finished' for all works. Finally, I was trying to change the production status from 'running' to 'done' by pressing 'done' button. But it shows me an error -"The costs of the outputs (1079.80000) of production "7" do not match the cost of the production (1898.2800).". Does it mean the cost value of the finished goods need to be equal to cost of the production?

After several trials I found the reason why I am getting the error "The costs of the outputs (XXXX.XX) of production "X" do not match the cost of the production (XXXX.XX)." in the demo tryton instance.

It seems the unit cost for the output products is not updating. The unit cost should be calculated based on the raw materials cost and operation cycle consumption cost. When we want to change the production status from 'running' to 'done' then the system is checking the costs of the output products (quantity * unit cost) and cost of the production in the other info section. As there is a difference in calculating both costs system is showing the error. Please let me know if I am doing something wrong or it is a bug that needs to be fixed.

Cédric Krier

Oct 23, 2018, 1:13:06 PM10/23/18
to tryton
On 2018-10-22 08:35, Koushik Mutsuddi wrote:
> It seems the unit cost for the output products is not updating. The unit cost should be calculated based on the raw materials cost and operation cycle consumption cost. When we want to change the production status from 'running' to 'done' then the system is checking the costs of the output products (quantity * unit cost) and cost of the production in the other info section. As there is a difference in calculating both costs system is showing the error. Please let me know if I am doing something wrong or it is a bug that needs to be fixed.

It is a missing feature. There is a feature request at
https://bugs.tryton.org/issue3209 to provide cost allocation for
production.

PS: You will get faster answer on https://discuss.tryton.org/ as this
mailing list is deprecated.

--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric...@b2ck.com

Koushik Mutsuddi

Oct 23, 2018, 2:54:06 PM10/23/18
to tryton
Hi Cedric,

Thanks for your kind response. Do we have any plan when this feature will be implemented?

BR
Koushik

Cédric Krier

Oct 23, 2018, 3:08:06 PM10/23/18
to tryton
On 2018-10-23 10:55, Koushik Mutsuddi wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 23, 2018 at 11:13:06 PM UTC+6, Cédric Krier wrote:
> > It is a missing feature. There is a feature request at
> > https://bugs.tryton.org/issue3209 to provide cost allocation for
> > production.
> Thanks for your kind response. Do we have any plan when this feature will be implemented?

Nobody is assigned on it so I guess nobody is working on it.