Rounding payments

Carlos Eduardo Sotelo Pinto

Jan 30, 2018, 2:16:36 PM1/30/18
to try...@googlegroups.com
Dear comunity

I have an issue related with rounding payments. Let me explain it.

The requirement is, when a customer want to pay an invoice, he could pay on two different ways

1. If the payment is a litle different than the invoice, like just cents, the system must be round it on the following ways
- If it is 5 cents to 9, must be rounding to up
- If it is 1 cents to 4, must be rounding to low
On both cases, the invoice must be changed to paid

2. If the payment is the same as the invoice amount,
then all is ok.

I could find the way on solve when the payment amount is greater than invoice amount, but when it is lower, there is no way to set invoice as payed since there is a difference on the amounts

Any sugest
Bests

--
Carlos Eduardo Sotelo Pinto
    Agile Coach | Python Software Developer | Tryton ERP Consultant

Join the campaign at http://thinkBeforePrinting.org

Cédric Krier

Jan 30, 2018, 4:40:08 PM1/30/18
to try...@googlegroups.com
On 2018-01-30 14:16, Carlos Eduardo Sotelo Pinto wrote:
> Dear comunity
>
> I have an issue related with rounding payments. Let me explain it.
>
> The requirement is, when a customer want to pay an invoice, he could pay on
> two different ways
>
> 1. If the payment is a litle different than the invoice, like just cents,
> the system must be round it on the following ways
> - If it is 5 cents to 9, must be rounding to up
> - If it is 1 cents to 4, must be rounding to low
> On both cases, the invoice must be changed to paid
>
> 2. If the payment is the same as the invoice amount,
> then all is ok.
>
> I could find the way on solve when the payment amount is greater than
> invoice amount, but when it is lower, there is no way to set invoice as
> payed since there is a difference on the amounts

In both case, you must move the exceeding or the missing into a
write-off account. This can be made using the reconciliation wizard and
do a write-off.

--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric...@b2ck.com

Carlos Eduardo Sotelo Pinto

Feb 20, 2018, 8:12:53 AM2/20/18
to try...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I have been checking it, the issue here is that is something complex. I mean, for a common user which register payments it could be a hard way for something like just round the ammount and mark as paid the invoice when the amount  paid is just lesser than 0.1 currency cents

Could be great an extension here? or how could be it easier for a simple user on a simple way of doing it?

Thanks a lot

Cédric Krier

Feb 20, 2018, 8:40:06 AM2/20/18
to try...@googlegroups.com
On 2018-02-20 08:12, Carlos Eduardo Sotelo Pinto wrote:
> I have been checking it, the issue here is that is something complex. I
> mean, for a common user which register payments it could be a hard way for
> something like just round the ammount and mark as paid the invoice when the
> amount paid is just lesser than 0.1 currency cents
>
> Could be great an extension here? or how could be it easier for a simple
> user on a simple way of doing it?

The feature already exists, it is the write-off journal.

PS: Please do not top-post on this mailing list, see
https://groups.tryton.org/netiquette