making a menu appear

Cato Nano

Nov 30, 2017, 4:40:06 PM11/30/17
to tryton
what's wrong with this file ?

I'd like a menu to appear but it doesn't

Thanks in advance

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!-- This file is part of Tryton. The COPYRIGHT file at the top level of
this repository contains the full copyright notices and license terms. -->
<tryton>
<data>

<record model="res.group" id="group_tributi">
<field name="name">Tributi</field>
</record>

<menuitem name="Tributi" id="menu_tributi" sequence="6"/>

<record model="ir.ui.menu-res.group" id="menu_tributi_group_tributi">
<field name="menu" ref="menu_tributi"/>
<field name="group" ref="group_tributi"/>
</record>
</data>
</tryton>

Sergi Almacellas Abellana

Dec 1, 2017, 3:13:52 AM12/1/17
to try...@googlegroups.com
El 30/11/17 a les 21:17, Cato Nano ha escrit:
> what's wrong with this file ?

The difinition is correct.

> I'd like a menu to appear but it doesn't

The menu will not apper if:

1. You do not update the database with the xml definition. Once updated
you should refresh the menu options.
2. Your user is not in the created group. If you are using the admin
user, you should explicity add the admin user to the group with a xml
file. I don't see any record doing this on your xml.

Hope it helps.

--
Sergi Almacellas Abellana
www.koolpi.com

Cato Nano

Dec 1, 2017, 6:25:06 AM12/1/17
to tryton
Il giorno venerdì 1 dicembre 2017 09:13:52 UTC+1, Sergi Almacellas Abellana ha scritto:
> El 30/11/17 a les 21:17, Cato Nano ha escrit:
> > what's wrong with this file ?
> >

> The difinition is correct.
>
> > I'd like a menu to appear but it doesn't
> >

> The menu will not apper if:
>
> 1. You do not update the database with the xml definition. Once updated
> you should refresh the menu options.
> 2. Your user is not in the created group. If you are using the admin
> user, you should explicity add the admin user to the group with a xml
> file. I don't see any record doing this on your xml.
>
> Hope it helps.

Thank you Sergi.

I attempted this but it didn't work

<tryton>
<data>

<record model="res.group" id="group_tributi">
<field name="name">Tributi</field>
</record>

<!-- this !! -->

<record model="res.user-res.group"
id="user_group_tributi">
<field name="user" ref="res.user_admin"/>
<field name="group" ref="group_tributi"/>
</record>

<!-- /this!!>

Cato Nano

Dec 2, 2017, 11:55:06 AM12/2/17
to tryton

Cédric Krier

Dec 2, 2017, 12:30:07 PM12/2/17
to tryton
On 2017-12-01 03:15, Cato Nano wrote:
> I attempted this but it didn't work

Did you update the database? Did you logout/login? Did you check your
user is in the right group?

--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric...@b2ck.com

Cato Nano

Dec 7, 2017, 7:50:32 AM12/7/17
to tryton
Il giorno sabato 2 dicembre 2017 18:30:07 UTC+1, Cédric Krier ha scritto:
> On 2017-12-01 03:15, Cato Nano wrote:
> > I attempted this but it didn't work
>
> Did you update the database?

yes

> Did you logout/login?

yes

> Did you check your
> user is in the right group?

No ! That was the culprit !

Thank you Cédric !

Now I have a new issue with the visualization of my entity, but I ll open a new thread for that :-)