Back-order limitation

Cédric Krier

Mar 28, 2017, 4:55:06 AM3/28/17
to Tryton
Hi,

I have a requirement to not create back-orders for a sale if the
quantity shipped is closed enough of the ordered quantity.
For example, if the customer ordered 10Kg and the company ships only
9.9Kg, no back-order should be created because it is below 10%.

I'm wondering if you have already encounter such requirements and if
there were no other kind of rules?

I'm thinking about proposing a standard module for this if it is a
common enough practice.

Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric...@b2ck.com
Tel: +32 472 54 46 59
Website: http://www.b2ck.com/

Axel Braun

Mar 28, 2017, 5:03:40 AM3/28/17
to Tryton
Am Dienstag, 28. März 2017, 10:54:10 CEST schrieb Cédric Krier:

> I have a requirement to not create back-orders for a sale if the
> quantity shipped is closed enough of the ordered quantity.
> For example, if the customer ordered 10Kg and the company ships only
> 9.9Kg, no back-order should be created because it is below 10%.
>
> I'm wondering if you have already encounter such requirements and if
> there were no other kind of rules?

Yes, but seen this mostly on the purchasing side: A purchase is complete if
the received quantity is within a defined tolerance limit - over- and under
tolerance may be two different values.

On the sales side it could work similar, set the sale to 'completed' with no
remaining open quantity

> I'm thinking about proposing a standard module for this if it is a
> common enough practice.

+1

Axel

Mathias Behrle

Mar 28, 2017, 5:13:02 AM3/28/17
to try...@googlegroups.com
* Cédric Krier: " [tryton] Back-order limitation" (Tue, 28 Mar 2017 10:54:10
+0200):

> Hi,
>
> I have a requirement to not create back-orders for a sale if the
> quantity shipped is closed enough of the ordered quantity.
> For example, if the customer ordered 10Kg and the company ships only
> 9.9Kg, no back-order should be created because it is below 10%.
>
> I'm wondering if you have already encounter such requirements and if
> there were no other kind of rules?
>
> I'm thinking about proposing a standard module for this if it is a
> common enough practice.

Another requirement (use case) is to not create backorders at all (i.e. the
missing quantity is handled by the customer with the next purchase.

--

Mathias Behrle
MBSolutions

Tel: +49(761)471023
Fax: +49(761)4770816
http://www.m9s.biz
UStIdNr: DE 142009020
PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0xD6D09BE48405BBF6
AC29 7E5C 46B9 D0B6 1C71 7681 D6D0 9BE4 8405 BBF6

Albert Cervera i Areny

Mar 31, 2017, 5:40:22 PM3/31/17
to try...@googlegroups.com

On Mar 28, 2017 11:13, "Mathias Behrle" <mbe...@m9s.biz> wrote:
* Cédric Krier: " [tryton] Back-order limitation" (Tue, 28 Mar 2017 10:54:10
  +0200):

> Hi,
>
> I have a requirement to not create back-orders for a sale if the
> quantity shipped is closed enough of the ordered quantity.
> For example, if the customer ordered 10Kg and the company ships only
> 9.9Kg, no back-order should be created because it is below 10%.
>
> I'm wondering if you have already encounter such requirements and if
> there were no other kind of rules?
>
> I'm thinking about proposing a standard module for this if it is a
> common enough practice.

Another requirement (use case) is to not create backorders at all (i.e. the
missing quantity is handled by the customer with the next purchase.

I've found cases where the behavior should depend on the party.