Is there a way to set the window size of a model view?

Fabyc

Sep 22, 2016, 11:50:01 AM9/22/16
to tryton
Hi.

Currently when it is called a model view, the size of the window is big
for containing only one or a few fields.

Is there a way to set smaller the window size of a model view?

Thanks in advanced

Cédric Krier

Sep 22, 2016, 12:10:04 PM9/22/16
to tryton
The client can not resize him self. If you find it started too big, you
can resize using your window manager. But the client remember its size
between runs.

--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric...@b2ck.com

Fabyc

Sep 22, 2016, 12:16:46 PM9/22/16
to tryton
I forgot to say I saw this answer https://goo.gl/xNS6lJ

Seems like there is no way to set the window size.

Thanks

Fabyc

Sep 22, 2016, 12:42:52 PM9/22/16
to tryton
On 2016-09-22 08:49, Fabyc wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Currently when it is called a model view, the size of the window is big
> for containing only one or a few fields.
>
> Is there a way to set smaller the window size of a model view?

The client can not resize him self. If you find it started too big, you
can resize using your window manager. But the client remember its size
between runs.

I tried resizing the window size of the wizard and then I open it again and
the size it is the same (big).

I tried closing the client and again I open a model view and it is the same
behaviour.

Seems like the client only remember its size for the main window and not
for wizard windows.

Thanks

Cédric Krier

Sep 22, 2016, 1:12:41 PM9/22/16
to tryton
On 2016-09-22 09:42, Fabyc wrote:
> On Thursday, September 22, 2016 at 11:10:04 AM UTC-5, Cédric Krier wrote:
> >
> > On 2016-09-22 08:49, Fabyc wrote:
> > > Hi.
> > >
> > > Currently when it is called a model view, the size of the window is big
> > > for containing only one or a few fields.
> > >
> > > Is there a way to set smaller the window size of a model view?
> >
> > The client can not resize him self. If you find it started too big, you
> > can resize using your window manager. But the client remember its size
> > between runs.
> >

> I tried resizing the window size of the wizard and then I open it again and
> the size it is the same (big).
>
> I tried closing the client and again I open a model view and it is the same
> behaviour.
>
> Seems like the client only remember its size for the main window and not
> for wizard windows.

Yes wizard size is computed based on the parent window.

Fabyc

Sep 23, 2016, 11:55:46 AM9/23/16
to tryton
On 2016-09-22 09:42, Fabyc wrote:
> On Thursday, September 22, 2016 at 11:10:04 AM UTC-5, Cédric Krier wrote:
> >
> > On 2016-09-22 08:49, Fabyc wrote:
> > > Hi.
> > >
> > > Currently when it is called a model view, the size of the window is big
> > > for containing only one or a few fields.
> > >
> > > Is there a way to set smaller the window size of a model view?
> >
> > The client can not resize him self. If you find it started too big, you
> > can resize using your window manager. But the client remember its size
> > between runs.
> >

> I tried resizing the window size of the wizard and then I open it again and
> the size it is the same (big).
>
> I tried closing the client and again I open a model view and it is the same
> behaviour.
>
> Seems like the client only remember its size for the main window and not
> for wizard windows.

Yes wizard size is computed based on the parent window.

OK.

Thanks esteemed Cédric.