Tryton sticker

Thierry Bruyere

May 3, 2016, 10:02:14 AM5/3/16
to tryton
Hello,

I would like buy stickers of tryton..

I found this : https://www.stickermule.com/fr/marketplace/2765-the-tryton-logo
on stickermule.

Or it is better to use the banner : http://downloads.tryton.org/images/banner.svg
 and create new sticker on stickermule ?

Karla Stenger

May 4, 2016, 3:05:04 AM5/4/16
to try...@googlegroups.com

​Hi,
I personally loved the ones Roberto Novaes gave us at the TUBA​,  like the banner but it also has a lejend "modularity, scalability and security for business" in the bottom.
It would be nice to know if the image is available for download.

Cheers,
Karla.

-------------------------
Karla  Mª  Stenger  Sábat
karla....@gmail.com

Cédric Krier

May 4, 2016, 3:50:04 AM5/4/16
to tryton
We don't have the source of the Sharoon's design but normally we should
allow to request it as it is a derivative work of the origin logo [1]
which is under creative commons.
Also be careful, the benefit of this stickermule market will not go to
the Foundation (it is not linked to the Foundation).

[1] http://downloads.tryton.org/images/logo.svg

On 2016-05-03 17:57, Karla Stenger wrote:
> ​Hi,
> I personally loved the ones Roberto Novaes gave us at the TUBA​, like the
> banner but it also has a lejend "modularity, scalability and security for
> business" in the bottom.
> It would be nice to know if the image is available for download.

We (the foundation) did not have neither the source of this one. But
Roberto could send us the SVG so we could upload on
http://downloads.tryton.org/images/

I think it there is a demand for such materials, the Foundation could
setup an account with few images we have. I don't know if stickermule is
good or if there are better services. Is there people with experiences?

--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric...@b2ck.com

Thierry Bruyere

May 9, 2016, 7:38:06 AM5/9/16
to tryton
I created 3 versions for proposal.
I think it's good to have the name "tryton" on the sticker and not just the logo.

What do you think about this ?

.

Cédric Krier

May 9, 2016, 9:25:04 AM5/9/16
to tryton, Roberto Novaes, Sharoon Thomas
On 2016-05-09 04:38, Thierry Bruyere wrote:

> I created 3 versions for proposal.
> I think it's good to have the name "tryton" on the sticker and not just the
> logo.
>
> What do you think about this ?
>

> <https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-B_LDrnjnf28/VzB2YkAedGI/AAAAAAABO6M/V1VQf8Cg3ykWvxEYOC7_fgmJ89YMUmCHwCLcB/s1600/sticker-2.png>
> .
>

> <https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-aTJx4ldf3HU/VzBcbC5DElI/AAAAAAABO54/CGuSwGea7GwD_b0gSFhFsDDgwkGOHfbzACLcB/s1600/sticker-2.png>
>
> <https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-P9qo568nXx8/VzBcTzcaCuI/AAAAAAABO50/3EjqT-kNeR8_iz-3JC2UijbeF7Q-00WpACLcB/s1600/sticker-1.png>

I think we should try to stick as much as possible to the existing
design.
If you want stickers with "Tryton" written, I think the Roberto's one was
pretty good. It is the standard banner:
http://downloads.tryton.org/images/banner.svg
with "MODULARITY, SCALABILITY AND SECURITY FOR BUSINESS" as catchphrase.

Otherwise the inverted logo of Sharoon was also pretty good:
http://downloads.tryton.org/images/logo.svg

It will be great if Roberto and Sharoon could send their sources.

Thierry Bruyere

May 9, 2016, 11:24:00 AM5/9/16
to tryton, rvno...@gmail.com, thomas....@gmail.com

What do you think of this ?

I only cut the background (black) to decrease the size of the sticker and I added the catchphrase.

Cédric Krier

May 9, 2016, 11:40:04 AM5/9/16
to tryton
On 2016-05-09 08:24, Thierry Bruyere wrote:

> <https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-_B0DTYtPtnk/VzCrQdajXXI/AAAAAAABO6o/Uc7nkQ8Ek1UlnkmyZGOlCAYWGnlZqtxRwCLcB/s1600/sticker-3.png>
> What do you think of this ?
>
> I only cut the background (black) to decrease the size of the sticker and I
> added the catchphrase.

For me, it is not so well balanced. I would put the catchphrase in
one line under.
I don't know if it is good to keep rounded corner for stickers.

Thierry Bruyere

May 11, 2016, 7:04:16 AM5/11/16
to tryton

New proposal - based on the file "Roberto Novaes"
  • Convert from adobe illustrator to Inkscape (SVG)
  • Remove the rounded corners
  • Removing white margins

Sticker size : 9cm x 4cm

Thierry Bruyere

May 11, 2016, 7:06:32 AM5/11/16
to try...@googlegroups.com
SVG Inkscape version 0.91

Thierry Bruyere
thierry...@gmail.com
tryton-sticker.svg

Cédric Krier

May 11, 2016, 7:20:03 AM5/11/16
to tryton
On 2016-05-11 04:04, Thierry Bruyere wrote:

> <https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/--cBaJ9rhOoE/VzMBfdfbGfI/AAAAAAABO7c/hWIgvZEEiBgRz_yqWt8N1Wgd5appKur3wCLcB/s1600/tryton-sticker.png>
>
> New proposal - based on the file "Roberto Novaes"
>
> - Convert from adobe illustrator to Inkscape (SVG)
> - Remove the rounded corners
> - Removing white margins
>
> Sticker size : 9cm x 4cm

This looks great, could you send me in private the svg file. I will
upload on tryton.org

Thierry Bruyere

May 11, 2016, 7:31:49 AM5/11/16
to try...@googlegroups.com
I corrected an error in the background black.
--
Thierry Bruyere
thierry...@gmail.com