rights management / 2

Mindaugas Kašalynas

Mar 29, 2016, 7:25:09 AM3/29/16
to tryton
Dear All,

We are creating custom Groups to Assign to users.

More or less we are happy with the result, but few buttons we can not let to other users (not admins) use them:

1. Button "Assign" (in all shipments and production) is defined as button_name=Assign_try, but in Models_Views: <button string="Assign" name="assign_wizard" ...>
2. Buttons "Pay" (in Invoices) and "Handle Shipment Exception" (in Purchasing/Sale orders) are not visible in Model Access -> Buttons list. Therefore there is no possibility to add it to the new group. Also no posibility to create new "button" in the list.

Any insights?

Thanks!

Sergi Almacellas Abellana

Mar 29, 2016, 9:50:18 AM3/29/16
to try...@googlegroups.com
El 29/03/16 a les 13:25, Mindaugas Kašalynas ha escrit:
> Dear All,
>
> We are creating custom Groups to Assign to users.
>
> More or less we are happy with the result, but few buttons we can not
> let to other users (not admins) use them:
>
> 1. Button "Assign" (in all shipments and production) is defined as
> button_name=Assign_try, but in Models_Views/:/*/<button string="Assign"
> name="assign_wizard" ...>/*
> 2. Buttons "Pay" (in Invoices) and "Handle Shipment Exception" (in
> Purchasing/Sale orders) are not visible in Model Access -> Buttons list.
> Therefore there is no possibility to add it to the new group. Also no
> posibility to create new "button" in the list.
>
> Any insights?

You can manually create a record for this buttons. If the button is not
in the access list it means that any group can access this buttons, so
if you want to restrict it you have to create a new method specfying on
which groups you want to restrict.

> Thanks!

Hope it helps.

--
Sergi Almacellas Abellana
www.koolpi.com

Cédric Krier

Mar 30, 2016, 3:55:06 AM3/30/16
to tryton
On 2016-03-29 04:25, Mindaugas Kašalynas wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> We are creating custom Groups to Assign to users.
>
> More or less we are happy with the result, but few buttons we can not let
> to other users (not admins) use them:
>
> 1. Button "Assign" (in all shipments and production) is defined as
> button_name=Assign_try, but in Models_Views*:* *<button string="Assign"
> name="assign_wizard" ...>*

Yeps, there are missing. Please fill an issue about that.
But in anyway, as it is a wizard the access right is managed at the
action level, the button rights will only be for the UI.

> 2. Buttons "Pay" (in Invoices) and "Handle Shipment Exception" (in
> Purchasing/Sale orders) are not visible in Model Access -> Buttons list.
> Therefore there is no possibility to add it to the new group. Also no
> posibility to create new "button" in the list.

Idem.

I'm wondering if we should not create a default unittest to ensure that
all buttons on Models have an ir.model.button entries.

--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric...@b2ck.com