Assign Service to Production

MikeB

Feb 22, 2016, 4:55:04 PM2/22/16
to tryton
Hi,

I'm testing out Tryton 3.8 (and I'm still pretty new to it) to see if we can use it in our lab. We do a lot of destructive testing and custom part machining both in house and external.

Is it possible to add a specific hourly cost to a production? Example (not real):

Production Input:
Steel Rod - part# STR001 - $1.00
Machining Service - MCH65 - $65.00/hr - for 0.10 hrs - $6.50

Output:
Threaded Rod - TR001 - $7.50

Thanks for your help and I apologize if this is "stupid" question.

Cédric Krier

Feb 22, 2016, 5:15:03 PM2/22/16
to tryton
You are probably looking for production routing and work:
https://bugs.tryton.org/issue5212

It doesn't contains costing of the work but it could be added easily by
extending Production.get_cost

--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric...@b2ck.com

MikeB

Feb 23, 2016, 3:20:04 PM2/23/16
to tryton
This seems like it is pretty close but I'm confused if this is still in development or abandoned?

I also noticed that if I try to assign the production to any other party other than our company it won't allow me to add any lines, is this normal?

Cédric Krier

Feb 23, 2016, 3:40:05 PM2/23/16
to tryton
On 2016-02-23 12:09, MikeB wrote:
> On Monday, February 22, 2016 at 2:15:03 PM UTC-8, Cédric Krier wrote:
> >
> > On 2016-02-22 13:31, MikeB wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm testing out Tryton 3.8 (and I'm still pretty new to it) to see if we
> > > can use it in our lab. We do a lot of destructive testing and custom
> > part
> > > machining both in house and external.
> > >
> > > Is it possible to add a specific hourly cost to a production? Example
> > (not
> > > real):
> > >
> > > Production Input:
> > > Steel Rod - part# STR001 - $1.00
> > > Machining Service - MCH65 - $65.00/hr - for 0.10 hrs - $6.50
> > >
> > > Output:
> > > Threaded Rod - TR001 - $7.50
> > >
> > > Thanks for your help and I apologize if this is "stupid" question.
> >
> > You are probably looking for production routing and work:
> > https://bugs.tryton.org/issue5212
> >
> > It doesn't contains costing of the work but it could be added easily by
> > extending Production.get_cost
> This seems like it is pretty close but I'm confused if this is still in
> development or abandoned?

Still in development.

> I also noticed that if I try to assign the production to any other party
> other than our company it won't allow me to add any lines, is this normal?

I don't understand what you are talking about because there is no
assignation of production.

PS: Please don't top-post on this mailing list, see
http://groups.tryton.org/netiquette

Cédric Krier

Mar 1, 2016, 10:00:04 AM3/1/16
to tryton
On 2016-02-22 23:11, Cédric Krier wrote:
> On 2016-02-22 13:31, MikeB wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm testing out Tryton 3.8 (and I'm still pretty new to it) to see if we
> > can use it in our lab. We do a lot of destructive testing and custom part
> > machining both in house and external.
> >
> > Is it possible to add a specific hourly cost to a production? Example (not
> > real):
> >
> > Production Input:
> > Steel Rod - part# STR001 - $1.00
> > Machining Service - MCH65 - $65.00/hr - for 0.10 hrs - $6.50
> >
> > Output:
> > Threaded Rod - TR001 - $7.50
> >
> > Thanks for your help and I apologize if this is "stupid" question.
>
> You are probably looking for production routing and work:
> https://bugs.tryton.org/issue5212
>
> It doesn't contains costing of the work but it could be added easily by
> extending Production.get_cost

I just updated the issue to get the work center cost on the work cycle
and include it in the cost of the production.