drone is back

Cédric Krier

Feb 23, 2016, 5:05:06 AM2/23/16
to Tryton
Hi,

Since this morning around 5:00, drone.tryton.org was not available due
to a misconfiguration at the VOO provider that started to give a private
IP to the router instead of a public IP. The reason is unknown by VOO.
Now, it is restored. I don't think they have been any security risk as
this machine doesn't store any sensitive data, just the log of the
builds.

Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric...@b2ck.com
Tel: +32 472 54 46 59
Website: http://www.b2ck.com/

Cédric Krier

Feb 27, 2016, 12:05:04 PM2/27/16
to Tryton
On 2016-02-23 11:02, Cédric Krier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since this morning around 5:00, drone.tryton.org was not available due
> to a misconfiguration at the VOO provider that started to give a private
> IP to the router instead of a public IP. The reason is unknown by VOO.
> Now, it is restored. I don't think they have been any security risk as
> this machine doesn't store any sensitive data, just the log of the
> builds.

Indeed I suspect that my provider is running out of available IPv4 and
so it tried to move most of its customer behind NAT transparently
without any prior notice. And it just restores full IPv4 assignation to
only complaining customers.