Design for discuss.tryton.org

Cédric Krier

Feb 15, 2016, 3:05:04 AM2/15/16
to Tryton
Hi,

We are looking for someone who could create a logo for the discuss site.
I have already created a derived version of the Tryton logo to use as
favicon: http://downloads.tryton.org/images/logo-discuss.svg
But we need two more images to replace:

https://discuss.tryton.org/images/d-logo-sketch.png
https://discuss.tryton.org/images/d-logo-sketch-small.png

Remarks the large one should contain the small one because Discourse
replace the image on the fly when scrolling. So this gives a nice
effect.

Of course my favicon version could be reworked to match the same design.

Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric...@b2ck.com
Tel: +32 472 54 46 59
Website: http://www.b2ck.com/

Raimon Esteve

Feb 15, 2016, 6:24:54 AM2/15/16
to try...@googlegroups.com
> Hi,
>
> We are looking for someone who could create a logo for the discuss site.
> I have already created a derived version of the Tryton logo to use as
> favicon: http://downloads.tryton.org/images/logo-discuss.svg
> But we need two more images to replace:
>
> https://discuss.tryton.org/images/d-logo-sketch.png
> https://discuss.tryton.org/images/d-logo-sketch-small.png
>
> Remarks the large one should contain the small one because Discourse
> replace the image on the fly when scrolling. So this gives a nice
> effect.
>
> Of course my favicon version could be reworked to match the same design.

It's necessary a new logo? Why not Tryton logo?

Regards

Antonio Roncero

Feb 15, 2016, 4:50:04 PM2/15/16
to tryton

El lunes, 15 de febrero de 2016, 8:05:04 (UTC), Cédric Krier escribió:
Hi,

We are looking for someone who could create a logo for the discuss site.
I have already created a derived version of the Tryton logo to use as
favicon: http://downloads.tryton.org/images/logo-discuss.svg
But we need two more images to replace:

    https://discuss.tryton.org/images/d-logo-sketch.png
    https://discuss.tryton.org/images/d-logo-sketch-small.png

Maybe something like that

I am not designer, it is just a idea

Cédric Krier

Feb 15, 2016, 5:25:04 PM2/15/16
to tryton
On 2016-02-15 12:45, Antonio Roncero wrote:

> El lunes, 15 de febrero de 2016, 8:05:04 (UTC), Cédric Krier escribió:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > We are looking for someone who could create a logo for the discuss site.
> > I have already created a derived version of the Tryton logo to use as
> > favicon: http://downloads.tryton.org/images/logo-discuss.svg
> > But we need two more images to replace:
> >
> > https://discuss.tryton.org/images/d-logo-sketch.png
> > https://discuss.tryton.org/images/d-logo-sketch-small.png
> >

> Maybe something like that
>
> <https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-sgZ7gcd1Okk/VsI4gXxelmI/AAAAAAAAAhI/M9WEPI2lNHg/s1600/tryton-dicourse-small.png>
>
> <https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-L5kWLYr_I_g/VsI4mfTg0TI/AAAAAAAAAhM/1BraodopaRs/s1600/tryton-discourse.png>
>

> I am not designer, it is just a idea

Yes I think it is going to the right direction. But I think it should
not be named "Discourse" because it is the name of the software. So I
think "Tryton" or "Tryton Discussion" will match better.

Antonio Roncero

Feb 16, 2016, 3:40:04 AM2/16/16
to tryton

On 2016-02-15 12:45, Antonio Roncero wrote:

> El lunes, 15 de febrero de 2016, 8:05:04 (UTC), Cédric Krier escribió:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > We are looking for someone who could create a logo for the discuss site.
> > I have already created a derived version of the Tryton logo to use as
> > favicon: http://downloads.tryton.org/images/logo-discuss.svg
> > But we need two more images to replace:
> >
> >     https://discuss.tryton.org/images/d-logo-sketch.png
> >     https://discuss.tryton.org/images/d-logo-sketch-small.png
> >

> Maybe something like that
>
> <https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-sgZ7gcd1Okk/VsI4gXxelmI/AAAAAAAAAhI/M9WEPI2lNHg/s1600/tryton-dicourse-small.png>
>
> <https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-L5kWLYr_I_g/VsI4mfTg0TI/AAAAAAAAAhM/1BraodopaRs/s1600/tryton-discourse.png>
>

> I am not designer, it is just a idea

Yes I think it is going to the right direction. But I think it should
not be named "Discourse" because it is the name of the software. So I
think "Tryton" or "Tryton Discussion" will match better.

I guess with the right font...

Cédric Krier

Feb 16, 2016, 4:00:03 AM2/16/16
to tryton
On 2016-02-16 00:18, Antonio Roncero wrote:

> El lunes, 15 de febrero de 2016, 22:25:04 (UTC), Cédric Krier escribió:

> > site.

> > > Maybe something like that
> > >
> > > <
> > https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-sgZ7gcd1Okk/VsI4gXxelmI/AAAAAAAAAhI/M9WEPI2lNHg/s1600/tryton-dicourse-small.png>
> >

> > > <
> > https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-L5kWLYr_I_g/VsI4mfTg0TI/AAAAAAAAAhM/1BraodopaRs/s1600/tryton-discourse.png>
> >

> > > I am not designer, it is just a idea
> >
> > Yes I think it is going to the right direction. But I think it should
> > not be named "Discourse" because it is the name of the software. So I
> > think "Tryton" or "Tryton Discussion" will match better.
> >
> > I guess with the right font...
>
> <https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-KB7QxPMDpyA/VsLa_KqteaI/AAAAAAAAAhc/rTdHaPq_BRo/s1600/Tryton-Discussion.png>

I think "Tryton Discussion" is too long.

Antonio Roncero

Feb 16, 2016, 4:40:04 AM2/16/16
to tryton
I tried "Discuss", but sizes are very similar, so to set different sizes, I must stretch too much the text

Cédric Krier

Feb 16, 2016, 6:35:03 AM2/16/16
to tryton
On 2016-02-16 01:28, Antonio Roncero wrote:
> I tried "Discuss", but sizes are very similar, so to set different sizes, I
> must stretch too much the text
>
> <https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-AEnNlT5dlmU/VsLqPNQpT2I/AAAAAAAAAhs/75Mj6e_9rdQ/s1600/Tryton-Discuss.png>

Why not just "Tryton".

Antonio Roncero

Feb 16, 2016, 5:25:04 PM2/16/16
to tryton

On 2016-02-16 01:28, Antonio Roncero wrote:
> I tried "Discuss", but sizes are very similar, so to set different sizes, I
> must stretch too much the text
>
> <https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-AEnNlT5dlmU/VsLqPNQpT2I/AAAAAAAAAhs/75Mj6e_9rdQ/s1600/Tryton-Discuss.png>

Why not just "Tryton".

Cédric Krier

Feb 16, 2016, 5:50:05 PM2/16/16
to tryton
On 2016-02-16 12:03, Antonio Roncero wrote:

> El martes, 16 de febrero de 2016, 11:35:03 (UTC), Cédric Krier escribió:
> >
> > On 2016-02-16 01:28, Antonio Roncero wrote:
> > > I tried "Discuss", but sizes are very similar, so to set different
> > sizes, I
> > > must stretch too much the text
> > >
> > > <
> > https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-AEnNlT5dlmU/VsLqPNQpT2I/AAAAAAAAAhs/75Mj6e_9rdQ/s1600/Tryton-Discuss.png>
> >

> > Why not just "Tryton".
> >

> <https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-bha4HqNZJDA/VsOAV7FoYVI/AAAAAAAAAh8/QYYONbv6860/s1600/Tryton-Discuss_3.png>

I quite like this one personally.
Do you think you can use the same font as
http://downloads.tryton.org/images/banner.svg
Normally it is the Kimberley font:
http://www.urbanfonts.com/fonts/Kimberley.htm
And provide an svg format (to be able to rescale it at will).

Thanks,

Antonio Roncero

Feb 16, 2016, 7:35:20 PM2/16/16
to tryton

On 2016-02-16 12:03, Antonio Roncero wrote:

> El martes, 16 de febrero de 2016, 11:35:03 (UTC), Cédric Krier escribió:
> >
> > On 2016-02-16 01:28, Antonio Roncero wrote:
> > > I tried "Discuss", but sizes are very similar, so to set different
> > sizes, I
> > > must stretch too much the text
> > >
> > > <
> > https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-AEnNlT5dlmU/VsLqPNQpT2I/AAAAAAAAAhs/75Mj6e_9rdQ/s1600/Tryton-Discuss.png>
> >

> > Why not just "Tryton".
> >

> <https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-bha4HqNZJDA/VsOAV7FoYVI/AAAAAAAAAh8/QYYONbv6860/s1600/Tryton-Discuss_3.png>

I quite like this one personally.
Do you think you can use the same font as
http://downloads.tryton.org/images/banner.svg
Normally it is the Kimberley font:
http://www.urbanfonts.com/fonts/Kimberley.htm
And provide an svg format (to be able to rescale it at will).

There three plain svg files: logo, logo with text (second t slighty modified) and logo with editable text (need the font)

Hope it is useful

Cédric Krier

Feb 17, 2016, 4:10:05 AM2/17/16
to tryton
On 2016-02-16 15:32, Antonio Roncero wrote:
> Hope it is useful

It is set to https://discuss.tryton.org/
and the svg are on https://downloads.tryton.org/images/

Many thanks,