Upgrade documentation

Axel Braun

Nov 14, 2018, 5:54:02 AM11/14/18
to try...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

does anyone know where the upgrade documentation (e.g. 4.6 -> 4.8 ) of Tryton
went to? I cant find it on the website nor in the source package (of 4.8)

Thanks
Axel

Sergi Almacellas Abellana

Nov 14, 2018, 6:02:06 AM11/14/18
to try...@googlegroups.com
All the migration notes are on the migration category of the discuss forum:

https://discuss.tryton.org/c/migration

Hope it helps!

--
Sergi Almacellas Abellana
www.koolpi.com

Korbinian Preisler

Nov 14, 2018, 6:04:54 AM11/14/18
to try...@googlegroups.com
Hi Axel,

there is a section on discuss:
https://discuss.tryton.org/c/migration

Nicolas Évrard

Nov 14, 2018, 6:15:02 AM11/14/18
to try...@googlegroups.com
* Axel Braun [2018-11-14 11:53:57]:
> Hi,

Hello,

> does anyone know where the upgrade documentation (e.g. 4.6 -> 4.8 ) of Tryton
> went to? I cant find it on the website nor in the source package (of 4.8)

https://discuss.tryton.org/c/migration

--
Nicolas Évrard - B2CK SPRL
E-mail/Jabber: nicolas...@b2ck.com

Sebastien Marie

Nov 14, 2018, 6:17:39 AM11/14/18
to try...@googlegroups.com
There is a migration topic on discuss.

see https://discuss.tryton.org/t/migration-from-4-6-to-4-8/440 for
4.6 -> 4.8 migration path.

It is documented (at least) on 4.8 documentation:
http://doc.tryton.org/projects/trytond/en/4.8/topics/setup_database.html#update-a-database

Prior to upgrade see if there is no manual action to take on the
[migration topic](https://discuss.tryton.org/c/migration)

Thanks.
--
Sebastien Marie

Axel Braun

Nov 14, 2018, 4:47:39 PM11/14/18
to try...@googlegroups.com, Sergi Almacellas Abellana
Am Mittwoch, 14. November 2018, 12:02:03 CET schrieb Sergi Almacellas
Abellana:
> On 14/11/18 11:53, Axel Braun wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > does anyone know where the upgrade documentation (e.g. 4.6 -> 4.8 ) of
> > Tryton went to? I cant find it on the website nor in the source package
> > (of 4.8)
> All the migration notes are on the migration category of the discuss forum:
>
> https://discuss.tryton.org/c/migration
>
> Hope it helps!

It did, Sergi, thanks!

Still a wiki would be a great place for this kind of information, I think....

Cheers
Axel

Nicolas Évrard

Nov 15, 2018, 4:53:49 AM11/15/18
to try...@googlegroups.com
* Axel Braun [2018-11-14 22:47:36]:
It is a wiki.

On discourse (where this discussion should occur because as you know
the mailing list is on end-of-life) you can turn posts into wikis.
Topics in the Migration category are wikis by default.

My 2¢