User is able to select values from read only Selection List

Khurram Shahzad

May 26, 2017, 12:28:29 AM5/26/17
to try...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

One of the users of our Tryton software surprised us by selecting different values from a read only selection list. The user was unable to click on the selection list as it was read only! However, he changed values by moving mouse wheel while mouse was hovering on the selection list. Is this a bug which is already reported and fixed?

This issue has hampered all our work flows which mostly keep 'state' in a read only selection list. Any user at any time can change and save the current state of a work flow.

Khurram.

Cédric Krier

May 26, 2017, 3:06:08 AM5/26/17
to try...@googlegroups.com
On 2017-05-26 09:28, Khurram Shahzad wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> One of the users of our Tryton software surprised us by selecting different
> values from a read only selection list. The user was unable to click on the
> selection list as it was read only! However, he changed values by moving
> mouse wheel while mouse was hovering on the selection list. Is this a bug
> which is already reported and fixed?

Obviously not.

--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric...@b2ck.com

Sergi Almacellas Abellana

May 26, 2017, 3:15:19 AM5/26/17
to try...@googlegroups.com
El 26/05/17 a les 09:04, Cédric Krier ha escrit:
> On 2017-05-26 09:28, Khurram Shahzad wrote:
>> Dear All,
>>
>> One of the users of our Tryton software surprised us by selecting different
>> values from a read only selection list. The user was unable to click on the
>> selection list as it was read only! However, he changed values by moving
>> mouse wheel while mouse was hovering on the selection list. Is this a bug
>> which is already reported and fixed?
>
> Obviously not.

I've tested on linux client on latest trunk and I can not reproduce it.
Which SO and tryton version are you using?

--
Sergi Almacellas Abellana
www.koolpi.com

Khurram Shahzad

May 26, 2017, 3:31:51 AM5/26/17
to try...@googlegroups.com
On 2017-05-26 09:28, Khurram Shahzad wrote:
Dear All,

One of the users of our Tryton software surprised us by selecting different
values from a read only selection list. The user was unable to click on the
selection list as it was read only! However, he changed values by moving
mouse wheel while mouse was hovering on the selection list. Is this a bug
which is already reported and fixed?

Obviously not.

I've tested on linux client on latest trunk and I can not reproduce it.
Which SO and tryton version are you using?

Tryton client 3.8.4 running on Ubuntu 16.10 & 16.04. Although Tryton client 3.8.10 running on Windows 10 does not have this issue.

Regards,
Khurram.

Jean Cavallo

May 26, 2017, 3:37:26 AM5/26/17
to try...@googlegroups.com

I've tested on linux client on latest trunk and I can not reproduce it.
Which SO and tryton version are you using?

Tryton client 3.8.4 running on Ubuntu 16.10 & 16.04. Although Tryton client 3.8.10 running on Windows 10 does not have this issue.

I've noticed (but could not reproduce at the time) that sometimes the client
incorrectly shows a field as readonly (so it is "greyed out") but it still accepts
inputs. I've seen it a few times and I am confident it was not supposed to be
readonly at the time, so this could be a display bug that would make the field
look like it is readonly when it is not.

Saw it on Tryton 4.2 Ubuntu 16.10, no consistent reproductibility so far

Jean Cavallo
Coopengo

Sergi Almacellas Abellana

May 26, 2017, 4:42:30 AM5/26/17
to try...@googlegroups.com
El 26/05/17 a les 09:37, Jean Cavallo ha escrit:

> <mailto:min2...@gmail.com>>:
Mmm... I'm running linux mint 18, which is based on Ubuntu 16.04 and I
can not reproduce it. The main diference is that I'm not using Unity
desktop. Are you using Unity?

I remember that we had some issues with it on the past and we need to
introduce some workarround in order to fix them.

Khurram Shahzad

May 26, 2017, 4:54:00 AM5/26/17
to try...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I am using Unity!

Khurram.

Sergi Almacellas Abellana

May 26, 2017, 5:30:12 AM5/26/17
to try...@googlegroups.com
El 26/05/17 a les 10:53, Khurram Shahzad ha escrit:

> On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 1:42 PM, Sergi Almacellas Abellana
> <se...@koolpi.com <mailto:se...@koolpi.com>> wrote:
>
> El 26/05/17 a les 09:37, Jean Cavallo ha escrit:

> <mailto:min2...@gmail.com>
> <mailto:min2...@gmail.com <mailto:min2...@gmail.com>>>:
Can you reproduce using GTK3? You have use at least a 4.2 client (you
can use the demo server for testing) and lunch the client with:

GTK_VERSION=3 tryton

P.S: Maybe we should continue this discussion on bug tracker ;-)

Khurram Shahzad

May 26, 2017, 6:06:06 AM5/26/17
to try...@googlegroups.com
I have tested using client 4.0.3 and there was no issue found.

P.S: Maybe we should continue this discussion on bug tracker ;-)
Where should I log the bug?

Regards,
Khurram.

Sergi Almacellas Abellana

May 26, 2017, 6:10:17 AM5/26/17
to try...@googlegroups.com
El 26/05/17 a les 12:06, Khurram Shahzad ha escrit:

> On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 2:30 PM, Sergi Almacellas Abellana
> <se...@koolpi.com <mailto:se...@koolpi.com>> wrote:
>
> El 26/05/17 a les 10:53, Khurram Shahzad ha escrit:
>

> On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 1:42 PM, Sergi Almacellas Abellana
> <se...@koolpi.com <mailto:se...@koolpi.com>
Please create a new issue on bugs.tryton.org

THanks