Consolidated reports

Josias Pérez

Mar 21, 2018, 2:41:48 PM3/21/18
to tryton-dev
Hi,

I want to ask if someone has made some development to this post [1] ?

I'm interesting in start the development, if someone has already started I want to join forces to multi-company consolidated reports. Is there is a blueprint is good start point.

I will wait for news.

[1] https://discuss.tryton.org/t/consolidation-reports/297

Cédric Krier

Mar 23, 2018, 10:10:03 AM3/23/18
to tryton-dev
On 2018-03-21 11:28, Josias Pérez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to ask if someone has made some development to this post [1] ?
>
> I'm interesting in start the development, if someone has already started I want to join forces to multi-company consolidated reports. Is there is a blueprint is good start point.
>
> I will wait for news.

I think this can only be developed once this [1] multi-company issue is
generally fixed. This will require to ensure that MultiValue in the code
are properly called using the get_multivalue method instead of accessing
the field with the global context.

[1] https://bugs.tryton.org/issue4080

--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric...@b2ck.com

Josias Pérez

Mar 25, 2018, 5:55:05 AM3/25/18
to tryton-dev
Reading the issue history, the last update is 2016-04-25, so, IMHO, it's time to work on improving its functionality. I'm interesting in colaborate on that, as a developer or as a sponsor, maybe not the main, but, for start point.

I was reading discussion [1] and maybe we could know what is the status of the issues:

- property field: it will not be possible to have correct
multi-company when we still have those shitty fields.

- context: in base we should never depend on context.

- user.company: in base we should never depend on this.

Each comment will be welcome.

[1] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/tryton-dev/prpZY4rGCug/discussion

Cédric Krier

Mar 25, 2018, 6:35:02 AM3/25/18
to tryton-dev

This has been done in https://bugs.tryton.org/issue2349 which is linked
to https://bugs.tryton.org/issue4080

> - context: in base we should never depend on context.

This has not yet been done. It is about using get_multivalue method
instead of using field attribute to get the value of the MultiValue
field.
I think the best way to process is to review module by module and create
one issue per module for the patch.

> - user.company: in base we should never depend on this.

I think it is almost gone but the source tree should be verified.

Josias Pérez

Apr 2, 2018, 6:00:06 PM4/2/18
to tryton-dev
Thanks for the info Cédric, and sorry for this [1].

How could we start to adapt the get_multivalue method and how this affect Access Rules?

I'm not sure if this in only a feature but if multi-company is supported, a user can have many companies assigned to this and in the Preferences screen an option to change company as needed.

I know that that multi-company affect to sales, invoices, inventories and more, so, could you give us a guideline on which modules start to develop this?

El domingo, 25 de marzo de 2018, 4:35:02 (UTC-6), Cédric Krier escribió:
> On 2018-03-24 21:26, Josias Pérez wrote:
> > I was reading discussion [1] and maybe we could know what is the status of the issues:
> >
> > - property field: it will not be possible to have correct
> > multi-company when we still have those shitty fields.
>
> This has been done in https://bugs.tryton.org/issue2349 which is linked
> to https://bugs.tryton.org/issue4080
>
> > - context: in base we should never depend on context.
>
> This has not yet been done. It is about using get_multivalue method
> instead of using field attribute to get the value of the MultiValue
> field.
> I think the best way to process is to review module by module and create
> one issue per module for the patch.
>
> > - user.company: in base we should never depend on this.
>
> I think it is almost gone but the source tree should be verified.

[1] http://groups.tryton.org/netiquette
[2] https://github.com/tryton/company/blob/057e8b4749159c6bec255b712d45e50d2361646b/model.py#L11

Cédric Krier

Apr 3, 2018, 4:40:05 AM4/3/18
to tryton-dev
On 2018-04-02 14:34, Josias Pérez wrote:
> Thanks for the info Cédric, and sorry for this [1].

But why still top-post?

> How could we start to adapt the get_multivalue method and how this affect Access Rules?

It is about removing all attribute access to MultiValue by call to
get_multivalue with the right pattern.
It does not affect the access rules, it will just allow to remove those
that are purely for multi-company support.

> I know that that multi-company affect to sales, invoices, inventories and more, so, could you give us a guideline on which modules start to develop this?

All modules that depends on company.