Merge all Latin American Spanish

Cédric Krier

Sep 21, 2016, 3:30:04 AM9/21/16
to Tryton
Hi,

I just saw this post [1] and particularly the part about American
Spanish. I think if I had known about the language code es-419 [2], I
would not have allowed to create all the country specific Spanish.
So my proposal is to remove all of them and add the new es-419 which
will still inherit from the es. But for that I need an administrator for
the all Latin American Spanish. Who is willing to take the job?

[1] https://www.odoo.com/fr_FR/groups/community-translators-63/community-translators-20325962
[2] https://www.iana.org/assignments/lang-tags/es-419

--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric...@b2ck.com

Luciano Rossi

Sep 24, 2016, 2:34:16 AM9/24/16
to tryton-dev
On Wednesday, September 21, 2016 at 4:30:04 AM UTC-3, Cédric Krier wrote:
Hi,

I just saw this post [1] and particularly the part about American
Spanish. I think if I had known about the language code es-419 [2], I
would not have allowed to create all the country specific Spanish.
So my proposal is to remove all of them and add the new es-419 which
will still inherit from the es. But for that I need an administrator for
the all Latin American Spanish. Who is willing to take the job?

Hi cedric!

I talked with Sebastian Marro and we want to take the job.
You can add me as an administrator of Latin American Spanish.

Cheers!
--
Luciano Rossi - lu...@gcoop.coop
http://gcoop.coop | Cooperativa de Software Libre

Cédric Krier

Sep 24, 2016, 3:25:04 AM9/24/16
to tryton-dev
On 2016-09-23 18:26, Luciano Rossi wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 21, 2016 at 4:30:04 AM UTC-3, Cédric Krier wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just saw this post [1] and particularly the part about American
> > Spanish. I think if I had known about the language code es-419 [2], I
> > would not have allowed to create all the country specific Spanish.
> > So my proposal is to remove all of them and add the new es-419 which
> > will still inherit from the es. But for that I need an administrator for
> > the all Latin American Spanish. Who is willing to take the job?
> >

> Hi cedric!
>
> I talked with Sebastian Marro and we want to take the job.
> You can add me as an administrator of Latin American Spanish.

Before processing, it will be good to hear from other Latin Americans.

Oscae Alvarez

Sep 24, 2016, 7:57:39 AM9/24/16
to tryto...@googlegroups.com

On 24/09/16 02:20, Cédric Krier wrote:
> On 2016-09-23 18:26, Luciano Rossi wrote:
>> On Wednesday, September 21, 2016 at 4:30:04 AM UTC-3, Cédric Krier wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I just saw this post [1] and particularly the part about American
>>> Spanish. I think if I had known about the language code es-419 [2], I
>>> would not have allowed to create all the country specific Spanish.
>>> So my proposal is to remove all of them and add the new es-419 which
>>> will still inherit from the es. But for that I need an administrator for
>>> the all Latin American Spanish. Who is willing to take the job?
>>>
>> Hi cedric!
>>
>> I talked with Sebastian Marro and we want to take the job.
>> You can add me as an administrator of Latin American Spanish.
> Before processing, it will be good to hear from other Latin Americans.

Hi folks,

it maybe not as Administrator, but I can help to Luciano and Sebastian,
when they have doubts about terms.

Fabyc

Sep 24, 2016, 10:44:29 AM9/24/16
to tryton-dev
Hi Cédric.

On 2016-09-23 18:26, Luciano Rossi wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 21, 2016 at 4:30:04 AM UTC-3, Cédric Krier wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just saw this post [1] and particularly the part about American
> > Spanish. I think if I had known about the language code es-419 [2], I
> > would not have allowed to create all the country specific Spanish.
> > So my proposal is to remove all of them and add the new es-419 which
> > will still inherit from the es. But for that I need an administrator for
> > the all Latin American Spanish. Who is willing to take the job?
> >

> Hi cedric!
>
> I talked with Sebastian Marro and we want to take the job.
> You can add me as an administrator of Latin American Spanish.

Before processing, it will be good to hear from other Latin Americans.

I can help too.

Cédric Krier

Oct 2, 2016, 9:15:03 AM10/2/16
to Tryton
On 2016-09-21 09:26, Cédric Krier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just saw this post [1] and particularly the part about American
> Spanish. I think if I had known about the language code es-419 [2], I
> would not have allowed to create all the country specific Spanish.
> So my proposal is to remove all of them and add the new es-419 which
> will still inherit from the es. But for that I need an administrator for
> the all Latin American Spanish. Who is willing to take the job?

I created the language on Pootle and set sebastian as administrator and
all other translators have the translation rights.
One strange thing happened. Pootle created some translations directly
but it seems it is English and not Spanish. You should verify those
translations.

I will remove the other Spanish translations from Tryton once this one
has progressed.

Cédric Krier

Oct 2, 2016, 10:55:03 AM10/2/16
to Tryton
On 2016-10-02 15:12, Cédric Krier wrote:
> One strange thing happened. Pootle created some translations directly
> but it seems it is English and not Spanish. You should verify those
> translations.

I found the problem. The templates contains translations. I will update
it for future languages.